Forced Incapacitation

Started by Sinnick, July 20, 2014, 04:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinnick

Hello everyone, in my last play through I was attempting to go for a pirate/slaver feel.  I am curious if there is a way to hard code it so that after a pawn has been damaged down to 20 health they always become incapacitated.  If anyone knows what files I would edit, or how to go about that at all, please let me know.

Crazyape98

Hmm to my knowledge that would be tricky. I could be wrong about the difficulty because I'm still new but I do know certain damage types have different chances to incapacitate. Perhaps look into the damage type xmls. Just a hunch though.

mrofa

Spawn invisible object on the map, set it to find pawn with max hp lower than 20% and force incap it :p
All i do is clutter all around.

RawCode

set incapChanceMultiplier for all damage types via ASM of XML declaration to something "LARGE" in order to counter storyteller actions about killing everything if you hit population limit.

Sinnick

Some fun ideas, thank you for the information.

minami26

I made a stungun mod. but it hasnt been updated do you want it? it just incapacitates everything you fire it on.

TenSaidYes

Quote from: minami26 on July 22, 2014, 03:24:32 AM
I made a stungun mod. but it hasnt been updated do you want it? it just incapacitates everything you fire it on.

I don't know if THEY would want it... but I would certainly love such a mod.

Not only does it suck when you can't get new blood because the storyteller is being genocidal, but it really sucks when your doctor and warden are a little late feeding and chatting up the colonist who just went AWOL and he goes berserk only to DIE in the fight afterwards.