Better zone restrictions

Started by jbox1, May 31, 2019, 04:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbox1

This is a neat idea.

Instead of having pawns assigned to a single zone, pawns could be set to follow a rule set for zones they can be in. This rule set could be as simple as "zone 1", "NOT zone 1", "zone 1 OR zone 2", "zone 1 AND zone 2", and so on. This would be extremely handy for managing pawns and their locations.

You could also have a priority for the zone they choose to go to. I.e. any task in zone 1 would be prioritised over zone 2, or any task in zone 1 takes priority over everywhere else. this could even be applied to pathfinding. This would allow for extremely complex management of pawns, and the jobs they are assigned to do.

This might be a little over the top for RimWorld, but it's an idea. This could lead to a similar, but more boiled down versions of this idea.

RicoSalva

Quote from: jbox1 on May 31, 2019, 04:30:34 AM
This is a neat idea.

Instead of having pawns assigned to a single zone, pawns could be set to follow a rule set for zones they can be in. This rule set could be as simple as "zone 1", "NOT zone 1", "zone 1 OR zone 2", "zone 1 AND zone 2", and so on. This would be extremely handy for managing pawns and their locations.

You could also have a priority for the zone they choose to go to. I.e. any task in zone 1 would be prioritised over zone 2, or any task in zone 1 takes priority over everywhere else. this could even be applied to pathfinding. This would allow for extremely complex management of pawns, and the jobs they are assigned to do.

This might be a little over the top for RimWorld, but it's an idea. This could lead to a similar, but more boiled down versions of this idea.
This idea seems good.

Thanks for the share.
Regards.
Rico

Limdood

+1

Just the ability to click however many individual zones you want for each pawn, combining all the areas as one large "allowed area" with more customization would be nice.

AileTheAlien

I actually think this could work pretty well. The interface could be made very similar to the work-priority tab, where you assign priorities (or disallow) each zone.