[Request, sort of] Medeival mod pack?

Started by Alcsaar, July 20, 2014, 05:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcsaar

Wondering if anyone is working on large mod packs which change the core of the game.  Specifically, I'm looking forward to any mod pack which gets rid of the "guns" and solar power, ect, and rebuilds the game as a Medieval "castle" simulator sort of game, where you build a kingdom and try to be self sufficient.  Your main weaponry would be like Bows, crossbows, swords, pikes ect, along with catapults/whatever.

Crazyape98

I also would love to see this. But it probably will be awhile untill large mod packs like that will come out. Short- term however IDE like to see some melee weapons with compliment the stat with more damage. As of now the stat is essentially pointless  :-\

Bog

Really, everybody is waiting on Tynan to put melee weapons and helmets into the base game. Once those happen a lot of user-made melee weapons and armour sets will appear, and that'll be a solid "foundation" to medieval mods.

Because right now you'd either have just bodyarmour and bows (not very medieval emmersive), or whomever would want to make it would have to do a lot of work to implement melee and helmets, only to have them most likely be added officially afterwards, rendering all the work "moot" and causing all the new weapons and helmets to need to be redesigned from scratch to fit the "real" system.

Really not ideal.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Crazyape98

I completely agree, however I am just bummed because I know he is going for a futuristic/western theme and melee weapons don't fit too well in that category (off the top of my head at least.)  I feel that it will be awhile until they are implemented  :(

absentminded

Maybe colonial/vinland work would better?

You wash up on some alien coast (america) covered in tribals. But build C15th technology level stuff instead of space stuff and all have europey names.

The current tribals would work for indians without much being changed, Muffaloes could be recoloured into Buffaloes, and etc.

For a straight middle ages one, who would you be? And where would you be that'd be so lawless and harsh?
Washing up on an unknown continent would work to patch in the escape pod start and and survivors alone style of the game.

Celthric Aysen

well what you can do is replace the ranged weapon texture to a melee weapon one and make the range really short to make it appear melee.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

absentminded

gigan

Play dwarf fortess...   I'm very glad the game is sci-fi.   I used to play DF and think "I just don't like the medieval setting, wish there was a sci-fi mod". 

Then came Rimworld