Retexturing the world map, help please!

Started by Trallhatt, June 07, 2019, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trallhatt

Why can't i change the textures in Textures\World\Hills ?

Whatever i do to these textures (the mountains/hills on the worldmap) they don't change in-game. I can change the textures in Textures\World\Biomes without problems. I've tried both .psd and .png (and my other png files works so i dont think its the format). I'm using the exact same size (128 px)..

I'm doing a more "realistic" (more detailed) overhaul of the world map (textures are used from the actual maps in the game) so i want to be able to change these as well, they don't fit in well for this theme.

I'm thinking these files perhaps have moved to another location as of late, so this hills folder is something old or perhaps just wrong (naming or location). Any ideas where i can look to see what the actual location should be?

RicoSalva

Quote from: Trallhatt on June 07, 2019, 05:16:27 PM
Why can't i change the textures in Textures\World\Hills ?

Whatever i do to these textures (the mountains/hills on the worldmap) they don't change in-game. I can change the textures in Textures\World\Biomes without problems. I've tried both .psd and .png (and my other png files works so i dont think its the format). I'm using the exact same size (128 px)..

I'm doing a more "realistic" (more detailed) overhaul of the world map (textures are used from the actual maps in the game) so i want to be able to change these as well, they don't fit in well for this theme.

I'm thinking these files perhaps have moved to another location as of late, so this hills folder is something old or perhaps just wrong (naming or location). Any ideas where i can look to see what the actual location should be?
Facing the same issue here too, in need of help here.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rico

Trallhatt

there must be a way to search through the file content of the game to see if the files are referenced somewhere. maybe someone knows a way of doing that, or which files reference the various art files of the game.

LWM

What textures are you attempting to change?

The textures are probably hardcoded. I found this in RimWorld/Planet/WorldMaterials.cs:

public static readonly Material SmallHills = MaterialPool.MatFrom("World/Hills/SmallHills", ShaderDatabase.WorldOverlayTransparentLit, 3510);

// Token: 0x040010CB RID: 4299
public static readonly Material LargeHills = MaterialPool.MatFrom("World/Hills/LargeHills", ShaderDatabase.WorldOverlayTransparentLit, 3510);

// Token: 0x040010CC RID: 4300
public static readonly Material Mountains = MaterialPool.MatFrom("World/Hills/Mountains", ShaderDatabase.WorldOverlayTransparentLit, 3510);

// Token: 0x040010CD RID: 4301
public static readonly Material ImpassableMountains = MaterialPool.MatFrom("World/Hills/Impassable", ShaderDatabase.WorldOverlayTransparentLit, 3510);

--LWM