[Mod Request] Gun Towers! Sniper Towers!

Started by AtonicX, June 20, 2019, 01:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is shooting over walls with Gun Towers and/or Sniper Towers overpowered?

Definitely!
0 (0%)
Yes.
0 (0%)
Kinda...
3 (60%)
No.
2 (40%)
It should've been in from the start!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

AtonicX

So, I've been thinking...

Why isn't there a way to shoot over walls already? Add a "tower" that you can station a pawn in, this "tower" allows your pawn to shoot through walls, so no enemy can hide from your sniper's sight! I figure the simplest way to do this is have different variants of the "tower".

[1] Bow Tower
A tall tower, reaching high above your head. In the tower, there's a special, long range bow mounted up there.
1x Greatbow, 50x Steel, 75x Wood

[2] Ballista Tower
A tall tower, reaching high above your head. In the tower, there's a huge, slow firing, but extremely powerful ballista.
2x Components, 125x Steel, 100x Wood

[3] Machine-Gun Tower
A tall tower, reaching high above your head. In the tower, there's a mounted machine gun.
1x Assault Rifle, 100x Steel, 50x Wood

[4] Sniper Tower
A tall tower, reaching high above your head. In the tower, there's a heavy sniper rifle.
1x Sniper Rifle, 1x Component (used to make the rifle stronger), 100x Steel, 50x Wood

[5] Minigun Tower
A tall tower, reaching high above your head. In the tower, there's a mounted Minigun! It's much more accurate now that it's mounted.
1x Minigun, 150x Steel, 25x Wood

[6] Charge Lance Tower
A tall tower, reaching high above your head. In the tower, there's a Charge Lance, modified to shoot over an extremely long range.
1x Charge Lance, 2x Adv. Components, 200x Steel

The cost values are just a suggestion, as are the towers themselves. I figure it would be easier to make the tower into a turret that has to be manned, and make special variants of Vanilla guns that shoot over walls.

Edit:

The "towers" could also have a limited range of view, to keep them balanced. Like, 120 degrees, or even 90 degrees.
I've been thinking... (Oh no, it thinks!)

AtonicX

For any modders wondering if this is possible, or not, it's possible! I dug through the Mortar's XML and found the string of code "<requireLineOfSight>false</requireLineOfSight>". If I understood a bit more about XML coding, and had the time, I would try to do this myself, but alas, I cannot.
I've been thinking... (Oh no, it thinks!)

Prologue

Is it over powerd you ask? I'd say kinda... but the nice thing about RimWrorld is that when you make yourself stronger, you can siply crank up the dificulty a bit to even things out.