playing cards, books and more

Started by Prologue, July 14, 2019, 12:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prologue

I've always felt that there was a bit of a need for more joy objects / activities. And I know that there are a few mods that atempt to provide some more options. I'm however not a big fan of most of these mods. So here are a few things I'd like to see:

Playing cards, which can be used at any table by 1-4 people (perhaps more but this should be a good default).

Books, which can be stored on a book shelve or something like that. Perhaps there could be some furniture to make a librairy.

Magazines/ strip books, which can be stored in a similiar way as books.

Now why do I think these things are so mucuh more interesting than any other random joy object that you can just put in a room like a TV? Well, these things can have a lot of variation, what if pawns would only care to read a specific book once a year or only read a magazine once in a lifetime? What if playing cards could be seperate items and you'd have to build a full deck or find that one missing card. What if you could sell a collection of books or magazines for more than they are worth seperate? What if there are rare books or magazines that are worth quite a bit and you randomly find one on the corpse of a raider?

Vehicular_Zombicide

The poker table really kind of takes care of the playing cards already. Have you checked out the Rimwriter mod? It adds a bunch of books, scrolls, and clay tablets- plus the ability to craft some of your own, and bookshelves to keep them in. It sounds like it might be what you're looking for if you haven't already seen it.