[1.1][1.2) Biomes! New Environments to Diversify the World.

Started by Draegon, July 22, 2019, 01:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draegon

They are not meant to be, no. I'll have a coder check that out. And I'll have them look into the Core thing too.

tmo97

I might be blind, but I can't see what this mod has to offer... currently  ;)
It says, "planned", but not the contents, in contrast to the expansion pack below.
It might help to advertise your great idea and your community.

I'm still mind-blown that there is a Discord with over 500 people, but nobody has realised the main page for the mod does not state its contents!

Draegon

Quote from: tmo97 on September 01, 2020, 08:13:45 AM
I might be blind, but I can't see what this mod has to offer... currently  ;)
It says, "planned", but not the contents, in contrast to the expansion pack below.
It might help to advertise your great idea and your community.

I'm still mind-blown that there is a Discord with over 500 people, but nobody has realised the main page for the mod does not state its contents!

You appear to be blind, given the DETAILS section of Core states what it is.

Draegon

Wondering what we've been up to lately? Why, nothing at all!

... Except for the most amazing content update you've ever seen!
Introducing the

Aquatic Animals update

We got fish! We got kelp! And we got moxie!
All present and visible on the game map, not as a resource acquired through some job on some zone.
With this update, you can now finally enter deep water, and some animals are actually confined to it!

We've also moved some new islands in from Extra Islands, putting them in the main Islands module. These will be getting running content updates to bring them up to par with the old ones as we go.

Biomes! Core Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjpnvscvrsu07fy/RWBiomes_Core.zip?dl=0
Biomes! Islands Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l1ghl5bmvt4ub7/RWBiomes_Islands.zip?dl=0

k^uki

I believe this mod is breaking "Thanks for the fish," and possibly any other mod that handles sea life. Is there anyway to 'fish' in deep waters? I have a few spots on my current run that do not show any wildlife like those in the pictures so I'm assuming I'd have to actually be on an island for it to work?

Fruitvlieg

Is it possible to get a switch that turns off the :  enter deep water . the reason is that raids now come from the sea where my tidal generators are and I use the beach for windmills etc.   now they are attacked with out be able to build a proper defense.   The sea should be a natural border against raiders. so the rest of the things I like a lot but the walk in deep water not so much .

Draegon

Quote from: k^uki on September 13, 2020, 02:55:06 PM
I believe this mod is breaking "Thanks for the fish," and possibly any other mod that handles sea life. Is there anyway to 'fish' in deep waters? I have a few spots on my current run that do not show any wildlife like those in the pictures so I'm assuming I'd have to actually be on an island for it to work?

We *currently* only have sea life on islands, yes.

Draegon

Quote from: Fruitvlieg on September 14, 2020, 05:34:38 PM
Is it possible to get a switch that turns off the :  enter deep water . the reason is that raids now come from the sea where my tidal generators are and I use the beach for windmills etc.   now they are attacked with out be able to build a proper defense.   The sea should be a natural border against raiders. so the rest of the things I like a lot but the walk in deep water not so much .
We're currently looking into ways to make this less of a pain when it comes to raiders, for now I might suggest using a mod that lets you build deep water bridges, and thus walls on them as well.

Fruitvlieg

That is exactly what I do now :)  double bridge double wall and the way is closed.  so the work around is in place.  Thanks for looking into it .

Draegon

You're welcome, it's been a reasonably common issue brought up so hopefully we can fix it!