[Request] Shielded body armor?!

Started by Entityofsin, July 23, 2014, 03:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entityofsin

I don't even know if this is possible currently in the game and I don't know anything about how to create mods so I guess this is more of both a question and request for someone to figure out and then tell me if it's possible to have shielded body armor that colonists can equip. It could function like an armor vest where they could wear it under a coat or something but you could see the shield on them and they would run around and stuff.

Just an idea I suppose. :)

Evul

\Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs\Apparel_Various.xml

<ThingDef ParentName="ApparelBase">
<defName>Apparel_VestPlate</defName>
<label>Armor vest</label>
    <description>A vest with armor plates inserted on the chest and back. Protects against gunfire.</description>
    <texturePath>Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/VestPlate/VestPlate</texturePath>
<apparel>
<damageAbsorption>0.2</damageAbsorption>
<moveSpeed>-0.08</moveSpeed>
<graphicPath>Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel/VestPlate/VestPlate</graphicPath>
<layers>
    <li>Middle</li>
</layers>
<commonality>25</commonality>
<tags>
<li>ArmorVest</li>
</tags>
</apparel>
<colorGenerator Class="ColorGenerator_Options">
<options>
<li>
<weight>10</weight>
<only>RGBA(0.33,0.33,0.33,1)</only>
</li>
<li>
<weight>10</weight>
<only>RGBA(0.65,0.65,0.65,1)</only>
</li>
<li>
<weight>6</weight>
<min>RGBA(0.3,0.3,0.3,1)</min>
<max>RGBA(0.5,0.5,0.5,1)</max>
</li>
</options>
</colorGenerator>
</ThingDef>

It dose already exist :P

bobucles

I think Entityofsin was referring to personal shield barriers- like the Halo shield. The theory is that a colonist who takes scratch damage won't suffer unhappy thoughts, and it can support kiting/siege survival by offering a low level of regeneration.

I totally approve. I think that centipedes should absolutely have self healing shields.

Shinzy

Quote from: bobucles on August 03, 2014, 09:53:26 AM
I think Entityofsin was referring to personal shield barriers- like the Halo shield. The theory is that a colonist who takes scratch damage won't suffer unhappy thoughts, and it can support kiting/siege survival by offering a low level of regeneration.

I totally approve. I think that centipedes should absolutely have self healing shields.

Oooh like the energy shields in FTL?
negating the first shot and taking a while to regenerate
That'd be really cool actually

Jaxxa

I have a mod that adds shield buildings http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4701.0

Later when I have time I may look into making personal shields into it.

Entityofsin

The shielding I am thinking of is the body armor shielding like you see in sci-fi games like Halo. A shield that can move with the colonist and only covers the colonist.