Maybe Yes
4 (22.2%)
Maybe No
0 (0%)
I do not know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

zerolightning

I had problems when sombody was low health(in a battle) I was puting them in the base but they were leaving and I couldn't leave him/her in military mode because they are gona mentalk break and what is a better way to keep them safe then a "Go home at war".

There should be a new zone: Safe Zone

When colonists are not in military mode and you select them to go to the safe zone and they will not leave the area.If there are AI problems put in the code so they can leave the zone but just 5 blocks/spaces/sqares.

Sorry for my bad English.

Do you like the idea?Please choose one of the 5 options. :D

Samsonzi

I voted yes.

I assume from the incident that you described that your colonist was urgently hungry and was trying to pick up and eat an unforbidden survival meal that was outside your base.

The colonists seem to prioritise eating these survival meals and will walk past other meals on their way half way across the map to chow down on them (they must be well tasty!). There are other issues like the metal from exploded enemy mortars being unforbidden which can draw your colonist right into a war zone.

So I would suggest either sorting out these niggling issues or enable a recall all colonists to Home Zone button.

praguepride

Easiest thing would be an additional button + hotkey combo that would restrict a colonist to home zone. You could mass select ala recruitment and they would stop at the edge of your homezone. If they're beyond they'll beeline it to the base.

This was handled in Dwarf Fortress via Burrows (aka Zones) that you could restrict your dorfs to either A) all the time or B) when a player-raised alarm is alerted)

axenn

I place a wood wall on front of all entries... but i agree

Rahjital

Home zone isn't enough for this. Once you get far enough in the game, your home zone is likely to be very big, especially with outdoor colonies. A new zone would be much better, especially if the colonists could only use beds and food inside the safe zone. That would make bunkers with essential needs like sleeping spots and nutrient paste dispensers possible, instead of having to rely on drafting everyone and sending them there.

arigon2001

Love the idea! Be nice to just force the colonist to eat or go to bed when they are already low instead of going back out to the field to.

zerolightning

Quote from: praguepride on July 24, 2014, 08:38:22 PM
Easiest thing would be an additional button + hotkey combo that would restrict a colonist to home zone. You could mass select ala recruitment and they would stop at the edge of your homezone. If they're beyond they'll beeline it to the base.

This was handled in Dwarf Fortress via Burrows (aka Zones) that you could restrict your dorfs to either A) all the time or B) when a player-raised alarm is alerted)

I like the Alarm Idea  :D