Caravans & pods not moving

Started by Aronia, January 26, 2020, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aronia

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is a mod bug, but I do use quite a few mods, so I suspect some kind of incompatibility issue.
What's happening: my caravans get stuck on exit from the colony and won't move. Same with transport pods, they just hover over my colony.
Yes, it's daytime, the caravans are not overloaded, and the destination is set. They switch between resting and moving like normal, the tab on the left shows time to destination, only they are not moving. And looks like they are not eating either, they have food but just go into starvation once the needs hit the bottom.

Simultaneously, the UI somehow disappears entirely from my world map. I can move it around and zoom in/out, but I can only actually do something when I zoom it in to the maximum. Otherwise, I can only see the map itself, and it doesn't even react on clicking, either left or right.

Both problems began at the same moment, so I assume it's actually two parts of the same glitch.
Both problems continue to appear in the earlier saves (created before I encountered the issue).

I have googled a bit and found a few topics about similar problems, but most of them give no solution and are just full of the same typical questions, like whether it's daytime or has a destination been set for the caravan. I did find a couple solutions, but those didn't work for me.

My output log is here: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/7900ea86629240992336025ae2dcf32f.

Would be really grateful for any advice on the topic.
Thank you!

SpaceDorf

I had the same problem with the WorldUI , maybe you even stumbled upon my thread.
Can you return to your colony when clicking onto Pawns in the colony ?

I caused this problem myself though, by editing my savegame without backup and had a vastly different modlist than you and the problems did not occur in earlier savegames.

Sadly I found no solution for my save and had to start over.

A Notable content changing overlap in your modlist and mine are :

GiddyUp,
RimOverhaul ( though I use the without gas variant )
GeneticRim,
AdvancedBiomes,
SetUpCamp,
GoExplore,
MiscCore and Robots,
PickUpandHaul,
RoadsOfTheRim,
Hospitality,
and Instead of VG i use MoreVanillaCooking

I know there is an issue with Save Our Ship 2 and GiddyUp, maybe Boats causes something similiar.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Aronia

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 26, 2020, 12:08:12 PM
Can you return to your colony when clicking onto Pawns in the colony?
Yes, I can. In fact, everything but the caravans works all right. I can even use caravans if I turn on DevMode — after the "travel instantly" command the map loads like normal, and I can reform and all.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 26, 2020, 12:08:12 PM
I caused this problem myself though, by editing my savegame without backup and had a vastly different modlist than you and the problems did not occur in earlier savegames.
I never edited my saves. By the way, one solution I googled included deleting certain lines from the savefile, but the phrase that was mentioned there was not found in my savefile.