RimWorld 1.1 available on unstable Steam branch

Started by Tynan, February 16, 2020, 09:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

Maatss

First of all, amazing work with the continued development of the game, me and my fiance loves your work!

Secondly, I can not help but notice several new entries in the debug actions menu, although some being placeholders? ("Award 4 royal favor", "Reduce royal title", "Set royal title", "Add techprint on project")
There are many references to ''Royalty", is this a preparation/teaser for an upcoming release/add-on perhaps?

Action: "Spawn Mech Cluster"
Result: print-out to devlog: "MechClusterGenerator.GenerateClusterSketch() requires Royalty installed.  /.../"

Also, seems unrelated to Royalty and might give some interesting feedback:
Action: "Spawn shuttle"
Result: print-out to devlog: "Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

(Rimworld v1.1.2548 rev623)

Jstank

Sooo, if we are getting horsies will we maybe be able to ride said horsies?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

ReZpawner

You can in caravans, I guess. Not as a vehicle though.

kiwikenobi

QuoteAdded asexual trait.
I'm so happy about this! There are too few things in the world acknowledging that asexuality even exists. I feel more like I exist now. ^o^;>
Will it be as uncommon in the game as it is in real life? I think it's something like less than one percent of the population that are asexual.

In any case, I'm super excited that so much cool new stuff is being added to the game. Thank you!

Kaelen Mosar

Quote from: kiwikenobi on February 18, 2020, 10:34:09 PM

add's a good portion of immersion to my game as well, prison labor mod hopefully to be updated soon<3

fritzgryphon

Finally, colonists that never get the worst relationship mood debuffs.  If only there were also asexually produced colonists that didn't get the [relative] died debuffs as well.

RicRider

Thank you so much for this update. Played a game last night and looking forward to continuing the adventure!

A few requests/feedback:

1) Have you considered adding 1x1 shelves? The standard ones take up so much space. I like to have multiple small hospitals around my base for example and split the meds around. 50 meds is just too much to maintain in multiple locations until very late game.

2) The other functionality I really miss is 'haul urgently' from the Allow Tool mod.

3) Horses! Makes me sad that people will eat them for food but I hope you are considering adding riding to the game at some point.

4) Those new mechs and the terror of the unknown I felt when the dormant mechs exploded out of the ship was real and palpable. I defeated the psychic ship, but not without a heroic charge by 3 labs, a warg and a grizzly who were taking gunfire in the back and front while people without lungs were being tended in the field. Most epic RimWorld battle I've had in a while :)
##Coding Scrub##

IGNI

Thanks for 1.1 great update. I have noticed several things on modding.

1) Is it not possible to include a Language folder in 1.x with the Load Folder system? For example, when explaining the function that is different between v1.0 and v1.1, only the latest one is always displayed in the current specification. This can be a major obstacle in promoting multi-version mods.

2) RimWorld.Designator_Dropdown.GetDesignatorCost(Verse.Designator des) is not null safable. e.g. if <costList /> is not described in the mydef.costList in xml, method always return red error.

Tynan

Quote from: IGNI on February 20, 2020, 09:59:34 AM
Thanks for 1.1 great update. I have noticed several things on modding.

1) Is it not possible to include a Language folder in 1.x with the Load Folder system? For example, when explaining the function that is different between v1.0 and v1.1, only the latest one is always displayed in the current specification. This can be a major obstacle in promoting multi-version mods.

2) RimWorld.Designator_Dropdown.GetDesignatorCost(Verse.Designator des) is not null safable. e.g. if <costList /> is not described in the mydef.costList in xml, method always return red error.

I'm afraid it's too late for 1.1, but I'm taking notes on these for future versions. Thanks for the specific requests.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kaelen Mosar

Gogneau

Wow a new update, that's cool,
But I got a question about compatability 1.0 to 1.1
I've got a colony which I don't want to restart everything but, do the new faction system with 6 factions instead of 5 will work if I use a 1.0 game in the 1.1?

Teleblaster18

Quote from: Gogneau on February 21, 2020, 04:34:41 PM
I've got a colony which I don't want to restart everything but, do the new faction system with 6 factions instead of 5 will work if I use a 1.0 game in the 1.1?

From what I've experienced, your factions stay the same as they were in 1.0;  the new, permanently hostile Tribal faction isn't integrated.

Gogneau

Quote from: Teleblaster18 on February 23, 2020, 03:43:43 AM
Quote from: Gogneau on February 21, 2020, 04:34:41 PM

From what I've experienced, your factions stay the same as they were in 1.0;  the new, permanently hostile Tribal faction isn't integrated.

Really ?? can Tynan fix that ? i don't want to restart a new colony because of that. I got so many memories and stuff :/