[1.1+ Royalty] Destroying Mech Cluster does not complete quest

Started by Jxss_K, February 26, 2020, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jxss_K

I got a quest called Terror Pods, a chief was being attacked by mechanoids and wanted me to signal and distract them while she cleared the hive. A Mechanoid Cluster landed. I destroyed it (I got a message confirming this). After the cluster was destroyed the quest did not end, it is still active 10 days after the cluster has been destroyed and no reward was sent. Lost out on an invisibility psytrainer, Learning assistant and an aesthetic nose :(
The pods contained:
- 1 pikeman
- 1 mech assembler
- 1 auto inferno turret
- 2 mini-slugger turrets
The quests name was "Terror Pods". It was giving by the chief of the friendly tribe.

Deep

Quote from: Jxss_K on February 26, 2020, 04:50:45 PM
I got a quest called Terror Pods, a chief was being attacked by mechanoids and wanted me to signal and distract them while she cleared the hive. A Mechanoid Cluster landed. I destroyed it (I got a message confirming this). After the cluster was destroyed the quest did not end, it is still active 10 days after the cluster has been destroyed and no reward was sent. Lost out on an invisibility psytrainer, Learning assistant and an aesthetic nose :(
The pods contained:
- 1 pikeman
- 1 mech assembler
- 1 auto inferno turret
- 2 mini-slugger turrets
The quests name was "Terror Pods". It was giving by the chief of the friendly tribe.

have the same issue, quest is bugged, doesnt trigger victory condition properly.

HarryWuzHere

yeah i have this too, have 5 cataphracts that i kept alive instead of letting them bleed out but they are still acting like colonists, only missed out on royal favour though

added a picture of the destroyed mech cluster with the cataphracts still in my colony

Tynan

Thanks for reporting! We have fixed this. Fix is on unstable Steam branch now and will be released as standard soon.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

HarryWuzHere

okay so the quest is to defeat a pretty beefy mech cluster with the assistance of 6 cataphracts and the reward was going to be 11 royal favour, when the cataphracts arrived I used them to help me clear out another dormant mech cluster that was not related to the quest, after that one was destroyed I moved on to clearing out the quest one. the fight was getting tough so I used the free call royal aid with my dame, two of the royal aides died, then a while later we killed all the mechanoids and destroyed the builders and droner. 1 of the cataphracts died and 3 were downed, I rescued the downed ones and hauled some stuff back. fast forward 10 days later and the cataphracts eventually leave saying they've been here too long.

the quest has been going on for 13 days, the only things remaining are the slag chunks and the steel walls. I haven't received the royal favour and the quest is still active.

pingtothepong

This bug still exists in my game as of patch 1.1.2257. Does it only fix future occurances? Is there any way to complete the quest through the console?

Cynapse

Quote from: pingtothepong on February 27, 2020, 02:59:41 AM
This bug still exists in my game as of patch 1.1.2257. Does it only fix future occurances? Is there any way to complete the quest through the console?

In Dev mode, while selecting the quest, check "Dev: Debug" and click the button labeled "..." below. It'll bring up some options. Click the "QuestX.cluster.AllEnemiesDefeated" option and it should complete the quest.

pingtothepong

Quote from: Cynapse on February 27, 2020, 03:21:09 AM
Quote from: pingtothepong on February 27, 2020, 02:59:41 AM

In Dev mode, while selecting the quest, check "Dev: Debug" and click the button labeled "..." below. It'll bring up some options. Click the "QuestX.cluster.AllEnemiesDefeated" option and it should complete the quest.

worked like a charm. Hope others see this too

Nowhere

Yes, the fix will only apply to future occurrences. Please let me know if that happens to you again!
In that case it would be helpful to know what kind of mech cluster arrived last, or just upload a save game.

Nowhere

Quote from: HarryWuzHere on February 26, 2020, 09:26:34 PM
okay so the quest is to defeat a pretty beefy mech cluster with the assistance of 6 cataphracts and the reward was going to be 11 royal favour, when the cataphracts arrived I used them to help me clear out another dormant mech cluster that was not related to the quest, after that one was destroyed I moved on to clearing out the quest one. the fight was getting tough so I used the free call royal aid with my dame, two of the royal aides died, then a while later we killed all the mechanoids and destroyed the builders and droner. 1 of the cataphracts died and 3 were downed, I rescued the downed ones and hauled some stuff back. fast forward 10 days later and the cataphracts eventually leave saying they've been here too long.

the quest has been going on for 13 days, the only things remaining are the slag chunks and the steel walls. I haven't received the royal favour and the quest is still active.

Did you start that quest before or after the update that supposed to fix it?

Deep

One more thing related to this issue:
Story:

1. Drop pods with support pawns lands, quest begins
1. Mechanoid cluster drops
2. Mechanoid drop pod drops additional mechanoid
3. All structures are destroyed
4. All mechs besides additional one has been killed

Quest is marked as finished, support pawns left the colony, stopped attacking, additional mechanoid is stil alive.

I think this is not intended. It ruined my early run, because i got owned ;)

HarryWuzHere

Quote from: Nowhere on February 27, 2020, 04:32:59 AM
Quote from: HarryWuzHere on February 26, 2020, 09:26:34 PM

Did you start that quest before or after the update that supposed to fix it?
i started the quest after updating yesterday, it was still active when i went to sleep last night. i think its been going on for 35 days or so

if it helps i can upload the save file, all mechs and buildings have been destroyed but the steel walls are still there, however i can claim / deconstruct these walls.

Nowhere

Quote from: HarryWuzHere on February 27, 2020, 09:57:21 AM
i started the quest after updating yesterday, it was still active when i went to sleep last night. i think its been going on for 35 days or so

if it helps i can upload the save file, all mechs and buildings have been destroyed but the steel walls are still there, however i can claim / deconstruct these walls.

Yeah, please upload the earliest save you have with that quest. I'll take a look.
(Ideally it would be when quest was offered but you did not accept it yet)

HarryWuzHere

ah, I play commitment mode, how would i go about getting the earliest save or should i just upload it anyway?

Nowhere

Yeah, upload anything, maybe there's still useful information in quest state.