Stay away from GamersGoMakers, complete ripoff of Game Dev

Started by nuschler22, August 13, 2014, 03:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Horrible experience with it, and the developer. 

Since we all seem to like strategy games, I figured I'd give my two cents worth. 

Ended up being banned from the Steam discussion group (which is apparently run by the games themselves, which I did not know) because I gave negative feedback.  Basically, the actual forum the guy runs lists Bugs with the title "you break it, we fix it." 

I posted that it didn't seem like a good sign for customer service that he had that attitude considering bugs are generally kinks that need to be worked out by the game developer.

He locked my threat because it was "useless."  Lol.   So I made another and pointed out that the developer (which I knew him to be at this time) did so, and THAT didn't bode well for customer service as well. 

Banned for arguing with a moderator. Lol. 

Plus the game is an exact ripoff of Game Dev Tycoon, which in itself is a ripoff of Game Dev Story. 

vagineer1

You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Shinzy

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 14, 2014, 04:02:17 AM
At least Game Dev Tycoon is good.

but GamersGoMakers had Adult content slider in it! judging by the videos I looked up
that's gotta count for something!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Shinzy on August 14, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

but GamersGoMakers had Adult content slider in it! judging by the videos I looked up

Does the slider slide in and out?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

nuschler22

Quote from: Shinzy on August 14, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

As I recall, you can make Adult games in GDT as well. 

The sliders you're referring to are violence, language and sexual content.  I made a simulation-football game, and according to my public it didn't have enough sexual content and language with the slider set to half.

I made an educational game (presumably for kids) and put the language and sexual content at zero, and it sold about 500 copies (it was rated at 72% which is good in this game), and everyone said that it didn't have enough sexual content or bad language.

So, they are far more of a hindrance and unrealistic in this game.