Music producer looking for modder to work with

Started by Inguz, March 04, 2020, 04:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inguz

Hi!
I have not played this game myself, but a friend said that my darksynth music (see link at the bottom of this post) could fit this game well. So I toyed with some ideas and found something I'm moderately happy with. I could make 5-10 similar songs to this quite quickly.

So, I'm interested to work with someone for a mod project, I need a bit of direction on how to make music for a game too, hence why I don't just release the finished songs for free.

My terms are: 1) You can do whatever you want with the song as long as you credit me, 2) I can give it away for free to others too as long as they credit me, 3) I still have the right to use this music however I see fit.

https://soundcloud.com/inguz666/wip-for-rimworld/s-GsFgT

Sion

This could work as a battle music, but it might also be distracting when you try to focus on the next action to not get the colonists killed, but that depends on the type of player.

For some reason my mind is drawn to Red Alert 2 when I'm listening to this song.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

ProfZelonka

One music producer to another I want to be super clear, this is in no way about your music. Your music is art and perfect in it's form.

RimWorld's music is very minimal with a lot of silence in between, WIP may work as battle music. If you're trying to match vanilla RimWorld music, I'd try to recreate some to get an idea of just how slow and minimal it really is. Personally, I enjoy playing rimworld for the chill stretched environment. I know I could be a minority tho and I do know that a lot of people love the combat in RimWorld - maybe the mod could be more combat based.

Quote from: Sion on March 07, 2020, 04:40:11 PM
For some reason my mind is drawn to Red Alert 2 when I'm listening to this song.
I think Sion brings up a great comparison. (I love C&C, btw.) Maybe reach out to the mod creator of TiberiumRim? (Is that guy still around?)