[Question/Request] Raid sizes not affected by colony wealth

Started by Vatgrown Scrub, July 30, 2014, 12:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vatgrown Scrub

Howdy! I'm just wondering, is it possible to mod raid sizes to depend on something other than colony wealth? Maybe just make the attackera slightly more numerous than the amount of colonists? Thing is, I enjoy the firefights but I'm not a huge fan of the endless turret arms race or relying on cheesy tactics which become kind of mandatory when the attacks get massive.

Thanks in advance!

RawCode

you allowed to provide custom assembly for incident maker and calculate events based of something different.

control without AMS injections severely limited but still possible to alter how things flow.

Undecided

I wrote a step-by-step guide earlier on how to do it yourself, if that tickles your fancy. It's basically explaining how to do two things: modify your save game to tweak difficulty, and modify the storyteller AI itself to tweak difficulty. You want the 2nd one.

Basically, the largest issue is the <challengeScale> modifier which leads to exponentially increasing raid strength over time and, as far as I know, has no cap. (I've faced down 1000+ pawn raids in an in-game 3 yrs old colony). Try playing with that until you find your sweetspot.

The link: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4948.msg47794#msg47794

mrofa

Another guide, need to kick evul to get them in one place and sticky them :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Vatgrown Scrub

Hey, thanks for the guide. Looking forward to doing some experimenting when time permits.