[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bog

If you're still looking for inspiration of things to make, I wouldn't mind these outfits here to be in-game items:

They'd be a little tricky without arms (especially phoebe's... I mean not including headwear the arms are really the only interesting bit outside of that random hay coming out of her shoulder) but I still think they'd be pretty cool.

PS: Saw your deathstar pic. That was pretty funny. What do you think the round thing is supposed to be anyways? Looks like it's either come out of, or going to go into her sleeve that she's holding open but I have no idea what the meaning of it is. ???
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 02, 2014, 04:25:01 PM
If you're still looking for inspiration of things to make, I wouldn't mind these outfits here to be in-game items:

They'd be a little tricky without arms (especially phoebe's... I mean not including headwear the arms are really the only interesting bit outside of that random hay coming out of her shoulder) but I still think they'd be pretty cool.

PS: Saw your deathstar pic. That was pretty funny. What do you think the round thing is supposed to be anyways? Looks like it's either come out of, or going to go into her sleeve that she's holding open but I have no idea what the meaning of it is. ???

I've actually been looking at the storyteller clothing for a while now with that in mind =P
there's a lot of discernible features in them

..and lot of work =P I've hesitated to even try those yet

And the cassandra's ball just reminds me most of those ridiculous keychains that play a preset sound
when you touch the (magnetic?) metal strips on the side. The size is about right and it has the holes =P
But somehow I doubt it's anything like that

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Jessi

To let you know; I'm not certain if anyone else has this issue, but this mod, (while being a lovely mod I wish I could use again!), stops all traders from dropping by the planet, and stops the supply pods event from occurring. Tested with all my mods, and after this one was disabled, everything worked normally again.

You may wish to look into that! :)
A curious little creature...

Shinzy

Quote from: Jessi on August 02, 2014, 08:13:30 PM
To let you know; I'm not certain if anyone else has this issue, but this mod, (while being a lovely mod I wish I could use again!), stops all traders from dropping by the planet, and stops the supply pods event from occurring. Tested with all my mods, and after this one was disabled, everything worked normally again.

You may wish to look into that! :)
oh no =O
I'll try see if I can figure out what's causing that kind of thing to happen
Thanks! I'll make sure you can use it again =P

Edit: Hmm I'm still getting both of these occurences happening
(I let the game run on the ultra speed after setting up the trade zone)
I really don't know what could have been causing that =/

The only implication to traders in any of the files I could find was with the
custom items in the Defs/ThingDefs/Items_Apparello
the line <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry>
You could try set that one to 'false'
I don't know what good that would do! but I'm really at a loss here

I really didn't expect the traders would flip out on this scale
about me monopolizing the clothing trade =P and start to flat out
boycott Rimworlds using these!

Anyway!
I made quick 'Lite' version that shouldn't possibly cause any complications with
anything at all
It makes all the armor and clothing spawn on raiders and visitors
and gets rid of all the crafting
And if you don't want the enemies to spawn with the advanced armors
later on you can easily delete the 'Advanced_Apparel' File or
or changing the clothing <tags> to some kind of gibberish and they can
only be spawned in through the dev thingie

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5gljge7cdd45ucc/Apparello_Lite.zip

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

Edit 2:
Oh and thanks Mrofa!
Quote from: mrofa on August 02, 2014, 05:18:33 PM
Must say thats a preety cool pice of work you did here :)

Jerethi50

I really doubt the crafting was causing the problem, the traders carry could have been the culprit, As the drop pod scripts use items from traderscarry lists and if for some reason it is having an issue placing one of your clothing items inside a drop pod, when it executes a drop pod event, it will "quietly" error, doesnt even force open the console. but once it does error, it will stop events from occuring, Reproducing this bug is going to be a rare occurence, because you need 1. the drop pod event to trigger 2. the drop pod event to pick the exact item from your mod its having trouble with and 3. error out when it trys to assign the item to a pod. It is best to keep apparel items out of the traders carry list. I have noticed in the current version there seems to be issues with traders and clothing, I think it may be related to clothing needing randomly generated colors and possibly other things are randomly assigned. Im not certian on that last bit though, but yea my suggestion is to make all of your apparel items not carried by traders.

Shinzy

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 03, 2014, 10:24:36 AM
I really doubt the crafting was causing the problem, the traders carry could have been the culprit, As the drop pod scripts use items from traderscarry lists and if for some reason it is having an issue placing one of your clothing items inside a drop pod, when it executes a drop pod event, it will "quietly" error, doesnt even force open the console. but once it does error, it will stop events from occuring, Reproducing this bug is going to be a rare occurence, because you need 1. the drop pod event to trigger 2. the drop pod event to pick the exact item from your mod its having trouble with and 3. error out when it trys to assign the item to a pod. It is best to keep apparel items out of the traders carry list. I have noticed in the current version there seems to be issues with traders and clothing, I think it may be related to clothing needing randomly generated colors and possibly other things are randomly assigned. Im not certian on that last bit though, but yea my suggestion is to make all of your apparel items not carried by traders.

So turning the <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry> of the items into False would do it?
I did that for the crafting material items I had (and apparently stopped them from falling in drop pods which is good)
But I didn'tn't see any of the apparel files themselves having any options about being carried by traders
should I manually add one?

Bog

So far as I know nobody has gotten traders to carry clothing properly. I read a thread somewhere that basically got to the conclusion that it seems to always break the game for some reason or another. I don't remember why though and I can't seem to find it. ???

The decision is up to you of course, but if it was me I'd probably forgo getting traders to carry armour and apparel at least for the time being.

I imagine Tynan is going to make apparel tradable at in the vanilla version at some point anyways, at the very least within weapons traders so we can buy and sell power armour and armour vests. Anyways, while it'd be nice I don't think it's a "central" part of the mod.

Edit: I should have just read Jerethi50's post. He seems to know why. :P
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 03, 2014, 05:19:06 PM
So far as I know nobody has gotten traders to carry clothing properly. I read a thread somewhere that basically got to the conclusion that it seems to always break the game for some reason or another. I don't remember why though and I can't seem to find it. ???

The decision is up to you of course, but if it was me I'd probably forgo getting traders to carry armour and apparel at least for the time being.

I imagine Tynan is going to make apparel tradable at in the vanilla version at some point anyways, at the very least within weapons traders so we can buy and sell power armour and armour vests. Anyways, while it'd be nice I don't think it's a "central" part of the mod.

Edit: I should have just read Jerethi50's post. He seems to know why. :P

But which files would I have to modify to disable the clothing being tradeable
cause I never enabled this sort of behaviour anywhere to begin with. Just causing mild confusion for me right now :-[

Bog

Quote from: Shinzy on August 03, 2014, 05:30:10 PM
cause I never enabled this sort of behaviour anywhere to begin with. Just causing mild confusion for me right now :-[
I did a quick search of your mod files and "Items_Apparello.hml" has <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry> in it.

Some of those items in that file only stack to "1". I'm speculating here, but that might actually be the problem with clothes as well. The code might tell drop-pods to each have a bunch of each item (all the normal drop pods drop stacks of items) and when it can only have 1 in a stack, it bugs.

I'd be curious if making all the clothes stack to 75 fixes the problem. Of course that make a new set of bugs because so far as I know things with special stats on them like individual colours and hit-points never stack so far.

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 03, 2014, 05:37:52 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 03, 2014, 05:30:10 PM
I did a quick search of your mod files and noticed that "Items_Apparello.hml" has <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry> in it.
Oh okay, Ignore me then! I was confused =P Both of you were talking of clothes and those are just my custom resources. I'll have that fixed
Maybe I'll go catch some sleep now, though =P

Edit: Rerouted the tachyon shield emitters and Traders were set to false
(v 1.1.1 download in the first post, nothing new added, just a small fix. (Okay if you got good eyes I forgot a very WiP texture and spawnable (through dev mode) item in this one, if you would kindly ignore that)

Jerethi50

Actually im not sure if the tradeable options apply to clothing or not, Ill do some testing if and when i get some time, rl issues have cropped up.

Shinzy

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 03, 2014, 08:30:41 PM
Actually im not sure if the tradeable options apply to clothing or not, Ill do some testing if and when i get some time, rl issues have cropped up.
Don't worry, could have just been the schematics with their own categories and whatnot. Might have been something with the items, Whatever it was I'm sure it's gone now! (Foreshadowing)

Thanks though, you two
Help is always appreciated!

Jerethi50

well anyhow if the problem does crop up again for anyone it can usualy be fixed by entering debug mode from the options menu and forcing an incident to trigger, this usualy gets the storyteller working again. until it errors again

Zeta Omega

:o Out of all the crazy mods created from Allie Mechanoids to freaking muffelow mating this is a very interesting and well desighned mod....Plus the regular clothes were getting boring