[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romi

Omg this mod gets more awesome every time i check it out!

Shinzy

Quote from: Timber on October 25, 2014, 01:57:06 PM
So wait is the release version ok? Can I just  download from the first post and install?
Yes! it works like a charm, there's no errors or bugs
just few things I've overlooked (Trader doesn't carry silver and some hats don't protect all the bits they should based on what they visually seems to cover and some items' stats aren't exactly what I'd like them to be) but none of that breaks the game
it just needs a bit.. whatchumacallit, like 'calibrating' =P

So there's no fear of your game having any sort of chainreaction because of this and start bubbling and boiling and explode! But I understand why you'd ask! ;D Short answer; The release version is okay!
if it wasn't playable I wouldn't have uploaded it ;P

Quote from: Romi on October 25, 2014, 02:15:07 PM
Omg this mod gets more awesome every time i check it out!
You can thank Tynan for that for the most part anyway! most of the features he's added ingame since alpha 6 has been very "apparel oriented" =P (Hats, stats, stuff system) So it's been very good for my mod, I've just needed to copy&paste things and draw! nice and simple just how I like it

Iwillbenicetou

So the new update is the industrial revolution? Next is modern dictatorship with one guy ruling over everyone. Don't forget batman!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

DorgoDorato

Quoteif it wasn't playable I wouldn't have uploaded it ;P

Disregard any overflow of bullet proof vests hiding in mountains piling up until your game stalls out ;)

Just teasing, love the mod. Usually won't update to next Alpha until your updates are out.

Shinzy

Quote from: DorgoDorato on October 25, 2014, 10:34:35 PM
Quoteif it wasn't playable I wouldn't have uploaded it ;P

Disregard any overflow of bullet proof vests hiding in mountains piling up until your game stalls out ;)

Just teasing, love the mod. Usually won't update to next Alpha until your updates are out.

Oh that was a feature! entirely intended
"can you escaped the planet before the ever so slowly creeping doom in form of malicious sentinent armor vests can claim it theirs?!"
That, was gameplay genious if I've ever seen one.. maybe little rough on the edges but the concept was really really good

(thank you!)

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on October 25, 2014, 09:25:46 PM
So the new update is the industrial revolution? Next is modern dictatorship with one guy ruling over everyone. Don't forget batman!
Oh nononono! next one will be "couple generic hats and tweaking stats a bit and adding silver and maybe anything else I find" update =P and after that "Butcher-innocent-aminals-for-their-hides-and-make-a-hat-outofthem" update, duh!

wheezematic

I don't think the new materials ae working as intended. Or did you want the carbon fibre and polyacclamarate to give 300% piercing protection to every single piece of clothing?

Also, what use is the demiweave? I can't find any recipe that would use it.

Shinzy

Quote from: wheezematic on October 26, 2014, 07:34:26 AM
I don't think the new materials ae working as intended. Or did you want the carbon fibre and polyacclamarate to give 300% piercing protection to every single piece of clothing?

Also, what use is the demiweave? I can't find any recipe that would use it.

Ofcourse they are working as intended! they're supposed to lull you into false sense of security and then you get shot very muchly to death cause of the deflection cap.. *cough*

Aye those were the "item stats I overlooked" I made some last second changes
and ofcourse plopped the values in the wrong section :-[
I'm updating real soon but I wanan make cupla hats so there's cookies for anyone who wants to download again ;D

And Demiweave is used by the AstroTec Recycler to make better cloth from Panda's AstroTec labs mod! ;D

MisterLock

Quote from: Shinzy on October 26, 2014, 09:37:34 AM
cut

Ofcourse they are working as intended! they're supposed to lull you into false sense of security and then you get shot very muchly to death cause of the deflection cap.. *cough*

I'm updating real soon but I wanan make cupla hats so there's cookies for anyone who wants to download again ;D

And Demiweave is used by the AstroTec Recycler to make better cloth from Panda's AstroTec labs mod! ;D

I was just about to mention the 300% deflect chance on carbon clothes...I mean I know(probably) Carbon is durable if you refine it good but still...wearing a full set of carbon and you got yourself a bulletproof colonist(Still haven't got a carbon duster,but I did get a carbon Pair of Pants and multiple T shirts...each of them had 300%...the pants had 305...)
I know you just mentioned how they are really imbalanced but...I would of figured Kevlar would of actually offered more protection in terms of bullets then carbon...
You also need to explain these materials better in my Opinion...I still don't really get what material is best suited to wear(except carbon right now)...Keep in mind I actually haven't ran into a trade ship that sells these raw(not turned into clothes).

Also since you are adding more hats,do you take shout outs request from your fellow players?Like putting a easter egg in one of the helms with my name?Atleast if you are adding the  conquistador helm you could put something among the lines of "Conquistador Helm.Used in the early 14th to late 16th century.Was comissioned by King Razor of Captania"...No?Okay...
To each his own.

Shinzy

Quote from: MisterLock on October 26, 2014, 10:36:59 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 26, 2014, 09:37:34 AM
cut

I was just about to mention the 300% deflect chance on carbon clothes...I mean I know(probably) Carbon is durable if you refine it good but still...wearing a full set of carbon and you got yourself a bulletproof colonist(Still haven't got a carbon duster,but I did get a carbon Pair of Pants and multiple T shirts...each of them had 300%...the pants had 305...)
I know you just mentioned how they are really imbalanced but...I would of figured Kevlar would of actually offered more protection in terms of bullets then carbon...
You also need to explain these materials better in my Opinion...I still don't really get what material is best suited to wear(except carbon right now)...Keep in mind I actually haven't ran into a trade ship that sells these raw(not turned into clothes).

Also since you are adding more hats,do you take shout outs request from your fellow players?Like putting a easter egg in one of the helms with my name?Atleast if you are adding the  conquistador helm you could put something among the lines of "Conquistador Helm.Used in the early 14th to late 16th century.Was comissioned by King Razor of Captania"...No?Okay...

none of the materials will have better piercing deflection than Hyperweave.
The goal is sort of to have them mostly be between devilstrand and hyperweave in strength with very minor differences so you'll be able to go with your favourite colour more than what's the "best" option, cause that's what I care about most in the clothes ;P the colour
the current values in two of them were mistakes on my part =P plopped the right value in wrong section

If there will be any nods to anyone they'll be very obscure

Anyhow I'll try to update later today with atleast a chef hat =P and a recipe for better chef hat on the SAR-Device
and fixed stats I'll see what else I can conjure up

Timber

Quote from: Shinzy on October 26, 2014, 11:32:19 AM
Anyhow I'll try to update later today with atleast a chef hat =P and a recipe for better chef hat on the SAR-Device

Will it actually boost the cooking skill or is it just for aesthetics?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Shinzy

Quote from: Timber on October 26, 2014, 11:40:51 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 26, 2014, 11:32:19 AM

Will it actually boost the cooking skill or is it just for aesthetics?

The basic one will boost it very slightly
and the improved one bit more (it has timers on it -> cooking skill (just bear with me, okay?))
Edit: And no! Raiders won't be wearing these

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Timber

Quote from: Shinzy on October 26, 2014, 12:06:50 PM
The basic one will boost it very slightly
and the improved one bit more (it has timers on it -> cooking skill (just bear with me, okay?))
Edit: And no! Raiders won't be wearing these

Thats freaking stellar man! Do some doctor gear too, while you are at it. Like a lab coat or something.
Maybe some gardening equipment too, for growing stuff.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

skullywag

Doctors face mask
one of those bands with the light on
Nurse hat

Those woukd be cool.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Trader carries silver now, material stats fixed
Chef hat, better chef hat and Plainwalker's hat for Farmers

There's already "Surgeon mask"
Labcoat would take longer time to do
but I will be doing more of those kinda things in the future
Labcoats will be for researchers =P Doctors will get something more like the exalt medics in Xcom
So they'll likely get a brocade vest with gadget thingie on their back
It's way more "westerney"
Cause doctors need to look more like Doc Cochran from deadwood (with some added sci fi)

Edit: Now somebody find something awfully wrong with this update and I'm going to repeatedly kick my toe on the whatever that thing is called strategically placed in doorways you always kick your toes on

Killaim

raiders could wear it ..

like..force a raider who has the "cannibal trait" to have a chef hat.

thats just intimidating :D