[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 05, 2014, 05:05:56 PM
:o Out of all the crazy mods created from Allie Mechanoids to freaking muffelow mating this is a very interesting and well desighned mod....Plus the regular clothes were getting boring

Thanks! This was all just practise for me wanting to add more hats in game once
the next alpha comes out
But I got really into it after finishing the first piece of apparel (really into it -> find myself awake still at 4 o'clock and still waking up the 'single digit number' times)
and then kept getting all those late night ideas (everyone knows those are the best ones) *cough* washing machine *cough*

Oh I'm still curious about what people thinks of the 'advanced armors'
whether the speed boosts and reductions are "balanced" in any way
cause I could see the scyther frame being really cheaty with kiting and long range weapons, even if it does negate all armor (the dmg reduction doesn't seem to be able to go below 0 as in actually increasing how much damage is taken).

I'd be real glad if someone would share their thoughts about them =P

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Shinzy on August 06, 2014, 06:35:50 AM
Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 05, 2014, 05:05:56 PM
:o Out of all the crazy mods created from Allie Mechanoids to freaking muffelow mating this is a very interesting and well desighned mod....Plus the regular clothes were getting boring

Thanks! This was all just practise for me wanting to add more hats in game once
the next alpha comes out
But I got really into it after finishing the first piece of apparel (really into it -> find myself awake still at 4 o'clock and still waking up the 'single digit number' times)
and then kept getting all those late night ideas (everyone knows those are the best ones) *cough* washing machine *cough*

Oh I'm still curious about what people thinks of the 'advanced armors'
whether the speed boosts and reductions are "balanced" in any way
cause I could see the scyther frame being really cheaty with kiting and long range weapons, even if it does negate all armor (the dmg reduction doesn't seem to be able to go below 0 as in actually increasing how much damage is taken).

I'd be real glad if someone would share their thoughts about them =P

Well, you can get mine if you don't mind.

basic armor is balanced because with hight damage weapon you steel need the same number of hit to get killed - so it only help a bit in early/mid game before there is a lot of snipers.

late game armor with only reduc dmg and low speed is actually REALLY POWERFULL, because you quicly end in a ranged battle anyway with turrets - so don't move that much.
the mixed one isn't worth it. you'r still too slow anyway to do something and you loose reduction of damage (from 85% to 70% as i remember, so you take twice damage !).

The one with speed buff is freacking awesome. especially against centipede. And it's actually quite powerfull at any time not fighting.

What i could see here .... could be a few change if it's possible  (but i'm almost sure it's not) :

-Mixed armor late game could add an effect maybe with a bit lower stats. like a small buff to morale, or something like this, because actually there is point of using these.

-Speed armor could only help moving in terrain with hight cost to movement speed (like sand, dirt ...) up to the 100% on created terrain, instead of a flat buff.

So one would be usefull to attack outdoor meca/sniper (movement speed  = kiting), one when you defend your wall (hight armor = you can resist way more), and another for long term battle to avoid losing the mind of your fighter because he is bleeding and get low morale.

Shinzy

Quote from: Oragepoilu on August 06, 2014, 09:42:57 AM-Mixed armor late game could add an effect maybe with a bit lower stats. like a small buff to morale, or something like this, because actually there is point of using these.

This is actually really good idea,
Edit: I'm somewhat confident I can add new thoughts with the xml things
I'm not very confident about it at all anymore =P
The rest I'm afraid is out of my capabilities
But maybe I can add somekind of negative 'My joints are aching' debuff on the speed booster so fighting with them on isn't so viable tactic =P Cause I really made it mostly with the long range hauling in mind.

This really appreciated! Thanks Orage!
Now I'm just hoping I can find easy way to work the ThoughtDefs, hehe

Bog

The one thing I've noticed with the speed boost is that it's really powerful when not in combat.

For example your dudes can haul things back and forth a lot faster then they would otherwise do. Hunting also gains a huge boost from it. Basically any task where moving around takes more time then the task itself benefits a lot, but pretty much everything benefits at least a little.

PS: Are you looking or open for contributions for your mod? My Ned Kelly armour has hit a snag or two (specifically it looks really really boring without the helmet, and I don't know how it'll mesh with it's helmet and I can't test any of that out yet.) but I've also designed some other helmets and think that I'll probably put out a bit of apparel stuff here and there in between designing guns.

I was originally planning on putting them into Project Armoury, but I think that maybe PA should stick with guns and the apparel should be in a separate mod, and figured yours is the only significant armour and apparel mod I'm aware of.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 06, 2014, 04:53:06 PM
The one thing I've noticed with the speed boost is that it's really powerful when not in combat.

For example your dudes can haul things back and forth a lot faster then they would otherwise do. Hunting also gains a huge boost from it. Basically any task where moving around takes more time then the task itself benefits a lot, but pretty much everything benefits at least a little.

PS: Are you looking or open for contributions for your mod? My Ned Kelly armour has hit a snag or two (specifically it looks really really boring without the helmet, and I don't know how it'll mesh with it's helmet and I can't test any of that out yet.) but I've also designed some other helmets and think that I'll probably put out a bit of apparel stuff here and there in between designing guns.

I was originally planning on putting them into Project Armoury, but I think that maybe PA should stick with guns and the apparel should be in a separate mod, and figured yours is the only significant armour and apparel mod I'm aware of.

well I'm not actively looking for contributions but I can add any if you don't wish to make one of your own, and yeah I can see the armor looking bit orphaned alone there with all the guns =P

So yeah I can add it when I finish bit more of my own stuff
Send me a pm with all the textures and details if you want it as crafted armor and all the stat things and that stuff. Or you can make the Def file for it yourself, if you wanan be more helpful!

There's an allright template in the attachments if you wanna try the helmet on
(you can draw the texture on the official head sprites, they match with the hat ones, and I really doubt Tynan will change the headsize or anything ridiculous or that in the hat update =P)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Bog

So... as far as I can tell your licence is this: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Does that mean I can use stuff from your mod for mine?

If so I'll be sure to reference this page on the top of mine so everybody knows where all the awesome stuff came from.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 11, 2014, 05:02:08 PM
So... as far as I can tell your licence is this: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Does that mean I can use stuff from your mod for mine?

If so I'll be sure to reference this page on the top of mine so everybody knows where all the awesome stuff came from.

Yar! Pretty much the gentlemen rules apply here
You can use any assets here so long as it's visibile where the stuff came from and what's different about them
compared to the original (if any) Any old 'MadeByShinz100%.txt' should suffice =P

Edit: Oh and if you can give me some sort of short briefing to what bits you're gna borrow, I'm just mighty curious! ;D

Bog

Quote from: Shinzy on August 11, 2014, 05:22:34 PM
Yar! Pretty much the gentlemen rules apply here
You can use any assets here so long as it's visibile where the stuff came from and what's different about them
compared to the original (if any) Any old 'MadeByShinz100%.txt' should suffice =P
Alright, cool. I'll put references both on the main mod page and in each of the .hml files for the items I use, and will be sure to mention any changes, if any.

Edit: Oh and if you can give me some sort of short briefing to what bits you're gna borrow, I'm just mighty curious! ;D
Well my new mod is one where I'm going to try to make a bunch of new factions, each with their own clothing and weapons. My first release target is ~7-10 total, including the already present Tribal, Spacer and Mechanoid faction types, but eventually I'd like to make a bunch more. I have ~25 on my long-term list so far.

For example, I'd like to make a "Steamer" faction. It'd be mostly 1830s-1860s weapons, with some toned-down steampunk stuff in it. (so no tesla coils and ray guns) They'd almost definately use your brocade, suspenders, and I might get their elite soldiers to use your steamhull.

Another is a space-age "Scavengers" faction that mostly uses tech that they've "found" (sometimes forcibly ;)) and adapted for their own use. So your Scyther and HA migh make an appearance with them.

Also I'm making a couple new sort of "tribal" era factions, so your Mogo and LP should come in handy.

And I can't make a mod of this scale without your Poncho. ;D

Finally, I might use whatever future items you make.

Edit: Oh, I'll be reworking all the armour and movement stats on everything that goes in my mod. (I'll mention it in the .hml files so people don't get confused) It's not that I don't like how you've made them, it's that I'm already reworking all the weapons and apparel balance for my mod anyways, including the vanilla stuff.

Bog

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 12, 2014, 03:14:45 AM

Yar!
Does this mean we'll be getting pirate stuff soon?

;)

Ye landlubbers cannae hold yer trousers when the Stylin Tricorns hit the shelves
(You'll be getting real non-thematic mess is what you're gna get. And still more or less all vanity)

I'm just seeing how much new stuff I can come up with before the next alpha =P
So don't get hopeful, i've started alot but finished nothing

Tip: Try not to work on several different sets of apparel at once, it causes meltdowns

Bog

Quote from: Shinzy on August 12, 2014, 03:48:42 AM
Ye landlubbers cannae hold yer trousers when the Stylin Tricorns hit the shelves
(You'll be getting real non-thematic mess is what you're gna get. And still more or less all vanity)

I'm just seeing how much new stuff I can come up with before the next alpha =P
So don't get hopeful, i've started alot but finished nothing

Tip: Try not to work on several different sets of apparel at once, it causes meltdowns

Just working on one set of apparel can cause a meltdown. Working on multiple simultaneously is like dumping a couple of plane-loads of refined uranium onto chernobyl, then hitting it with a Czar bomb.

Shinzy

Great neeeewss everyone! I've fixed the poison slime pipes Alpha six update is now here! Hats are included!
No new armor (Just yet)

Lot of tweaking with the new damage absorption stuffs need to be made
Don't hesitate to let me know if something feels off about the mod

(Download link will be available in the first post in a second!)

Ramsis

Challenge mode for you Shinzy, make hats that do something instead of just looking sexy!

I personally challenge you to make a mining helmet that emanates light. In theory to prevent the in darkness problem that a lot of mining teams face.

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

Quote from: Ramsis on August 17, 2014, 08:58:09 AM
Challenge mode for you Shinzy, make hats that do something instead of just looking sexy!

I personally challenge you to make a mining helmet that emanates light. In theory to prevent the in darkness problem that a lot of mining teams face.

That was my intention from the start when I saw hats were going to be implemented in the game! like Aim boosting visors and Dodge increasing camouflage and wearable lampshades that produce light

but very quickly ran into really hard to get over obstacles (.dll) Figuring out the xml was simple enough. My "coding" skills are severely limited to very, very srcub level "web design" with HTML and very simple flash stuff and Dreamweaver And dabbling with The Aurora Toolset and WCIII Campaign editor (all of which I'm mostly forgotten how to do! ;D)

So I'd need tons of help before daring to accept your challaaange!
and time! which I'm rabidly running out as I have to resume my studies soon =P
I'm willing to try though, eventually. But for now I'll stick with the visual side! *poke*

Still more than happy to provide the sprites for Mining helmet (or anything else small time items) if anyone smarter than me would want to make this happen!

Bog

Quote from: Shinzy on August 17, 2014, 02:04:20 PM
Quote from: Ramsis on August 17, 2014, 08:58:09 AM

That was my intention from the start when I saw hats were going to be implemented in the game! like Aim boosting visors and Dodge increasing camouflage and wearable lampshades that produce light

but very quickly ran into really hard to get over obstacles (.dll) Figuring out the xml was simple enough. My "coding" skills are severely limited to very, very srcub level "web design" with HTML and very simple flash stuff and Dreamweaver And dabbling with The Aurora Toolset and WCIII Campaign editor (all of which I'm mostly forgotten how to do! ;D)

So I'd need tons of help before daring to accept your challaaange!
and time! which I'm rabidly running out as I have to resume my studies soon =P
I'm willing to try though, eventually. But for now I'll stick with the visual side! *poke*

Still more than happy to provide the sprites for Mining helmet (or anything else small time items) if anyone smarter than me would want to make this happen!
I'd say you should focus on the visual things anyways. Different people have different skill sets, and the Rimworld Modding community has a lot less good artists than it has good coders.

Leave the coding the poor people who can't draw to save our lives. ;D

If someone comes out with a glowing helmet code that anybody can use then you can easily enough apply your textures to it.

PS: LOVE the new hats and hair.