Will this forum stay independent for a long time?

Started by longbyte1, April 19, 2014, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbyte1

In other words, when Rimworld is developed enough, do you think Curse will swallow the community? I hope not. I like small-ish communities, and I don't want the balance between people who are willing to contribute and people who just keep the game popular thrown off.

I myself am annoyed when my threads don't receive enough attention. That tends to happen a lot over there in the Minecraft forums.

Snownova

I doubt curse will take over these forums. They might set up their own forums at some point if Rimworld becomes popular enough. But these forums are, as far as I can tell, managed by the game's creator himself, so curse has nothing to do with it.

There are plenty of games with their own forums and separate fan-sites in addition to a curse forum.

Cala13er

Quote from: Snownova on April 30, 2014, 08:23:13 AM
I doubt curse will take over these forums. They might set up their own forums at some point if Rimworld becomes popular enough. But these forums are, as far as I can tell, managed by the game's creator himself, so curse has nothing to do with it.

There are plenty of games with their own forums and separate fan-sites in addition to a curse forum.

Curse actually buy official & unofficial forums for games. They never start them. And for us Moderators we hope this does not happen. Curse have their own moderating crew and we would no longer me moderators.

Col_Jessep

Curse is absolutely horrible and I avoid it like the plague. They chose a fitting name, got to give them that.

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Coenmcj

True that, the name is rather fitting, it seems that because it is the "Curse" network, they spread the curse that is their atrocious community across the entirety of it.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Splinterbee

I really hope not. The minecraft forum has gone down hill with curse. So many rules that you can never remember and so many people post that your post will probably never be seen
Video games, are pretty good

longbyte1

Quote from: Splinterbee on May 12, 2014, 05:46:50 PM
I really hope not. The minecraft forum has gone down hill with curse. So many rules that you can never remember and so many people post that your post will probably never be seen
Right, right.

Also, very disheartening news. The Kerbal Space Program Spaceport just got usurped by Curse. Now they're probably looking at the forums next  :'(

a89a89

Quote from: longbyte1 on May 12, 2014, 07:30:20 PM
Right, right.

Also, very disheartening news. The Kerbal Space Program Spaceport just got usurped by Curse. Now they're probably looking at the forums next  :'(
Sorry if I missed something, but why don't you like curse? I personally have no problem with curse. 

iame6162013

Quote from: a89a89 on May 12, 2014, 08:11:48 PM
Quote from: longbyte1 on May 12, 2014, 07:30:20 PM
Right, right.

Sorry if I missed something, but why don't you like curse? I personally have no problem with curse. 
independent ones are Better/More Fun
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Col_Jessep

Quote from: a89a89 on May 12, 2014, 08:11:48 PMSorry if I missed something, but why don't you like curse? I personally have no problem with curse.
They put advertisements above user interest and a lot of people reported getting malware on their PC after using Curse. I would not recommend to use their webservice without a hardened browser and not to install their client at all.

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Coenmcj

About a year and a half ago I was apart of some small forum somewhere, I contributed daily, everyone knew everyone else and we all had fun.
Then one day It was adsorbed by Curse and a lot of our previous members were disheartened to the point of quitting; Advertisements were placed everywhere, Trolls by the truckload and all of the moderators were replaced by a bunch of new people whom were rather disagreeable at the best of times.

Curse, is as it's name states, a Curse, descending upon all that is good and destroying it from the inside.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Splinterbee

Quote from: Coenmcj on May 15, 2014, 08:42:16 PM
About a year and a half ago I was apart of some small forum somewhere, I contributed daily, everyone knew everyone else and we all had fun.
Then one day It was adsorbed by Curse and a lot of our previous members were disheartened to the point of quitting; Advertisements were placed everywhere, Trolls by the truckload and all of the moderators were replaced by a bunch of new people whom were rather disagreeable at the best of times.

Curse, is as it's name states, a Curse, descending upon all that is good and destroying it from the inside.
the minecraft forum mods are not very good. When I posted something on ludeon in the wrong spot accidentally, tynan moved it to the right spot. On the minecraft forum I was scolded by the mods and they locked my post...
Video games, are pretty good