[1.1] Translation issue: Pluralize() vs labelPlural in mech cluster quest

Started by Ragnar-F, March 12, 2020, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar-F

This refers to the quest 'ThreatReward_MechPods_MiscReward', more specifically to its quest description.

When RimWorld pluralizes the threat list there, it uses labelPlural, if available, only for PawnDefs like centipede or lancer, because labelPlural only works with PawnDefs. It would be nice if we could also specify labelPlural for ThingDefs like auto charge turret or auto mortar to ensure correct translation.

For example, if I add the element '<Turret_AutoChargeBlaster.labelPlural>Auto-Energie-Turm</Turret_AutoChargeBlaster.labelPlural>' into Buildings_Mech_Turrets.xml I get the error message Field labelPlural does not exist in type Verse.ThingDef via TranslationReport.txt.

The German LanguageWorker offers only rudimentary functionality in terms of automatic pluralization, and will probably remain so, since pluralization in the German language is very variable and therefore complicated to code.

b606

+1 for this idea. labelPlural for ThingDef would greatly improve the visual of any objects list, while tuning the Pluralize algorithm especially for compound words would require too much code.
b606

Make the French RimWorld Translation at maximum quality.
French Optimisation Mod

Tynan

Good idea, I shall write it down.

But it's not a bug so let me move it to the appropriate forum.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ragnar-F

Thanks for considering this.

Could you please also move the thread https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50563.0 into this subforum? I think it's the more appropriate place for this.