Cassandra gone crazy?

Started by Rahjital, August 02, 2014, 05:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahjital

It seems Cassandra has given up on trying to keep down the population of my colony. Despite being three years into the game with 27 colonists, I have gotten 2 slave traders, 2 crashing escape pods and a villager joining voluntarily, boosting my population to 35 colonists (and 5 prisoners), all in just four months. Before that, I barely had one slave trader each 6 months. It seems that Cassandra has gone crazy... or perhaps she is trying to raise my population so that she can send greater enemy raids at me.

Did anyone else had a similar thing happen? I thought that it was impossible to get any more colonists past a certain treshold without incapacitating some raiders.

Shinzy

Maaybe she's finally seen the starwars episode involving Alderaan and got one very inspirational mood?

maybe it's just random statistical anomaly you're experiencing!

BetaSpectre

The Threshold is 50 I think.
So you've got plenty of time. The softcap is like 20 or so.

Of course editing the notepad file makes this moot.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Rahjital

Quote from: Shinzy on August 02, 2014, 04:16:29 PM
Maaybe she's finally seen the starwars episode involving Alderaan and got one very inspirational mood?

maybe it's just random statistical anomaly you're experiencing!

Yes, I think my lack of drama disturbed her. Not long after those incidents, I've got a siege with a ton of snipers land so close to my town gates I couldn't send anyone outside without them getting shot at. Cassandra wanted more though, so she threw a solar flare and then faulty conduit, resulting in a prison break while fire rained from the sky... I wonder if this is programmed in, or if I was just lucky enough to see this happen?

Quote from: BetaSpectre on August 02, 2014, 08:39:36 PM
The Threshold is 50 I think.
So you've got plenty of time. The softcap is like 20 or so.

Of course editing the notepad file makes this moot.

Isn't that Randy, though? I think it's supposed to be much lower for Cassandra. Or is it a hardcoded limit somewhere in the game?