Multiplayer Idea

Started by MrFanseePants, August 03, 2014, 05:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFanseePants

On a game such as RimWorld, a multiplayer feature is always controversial. Most games don't actually implement this, but I think it would be fun on a game like this. Every player should get their own spawn point randomly on the map (with 3 survivors like usual). Everyone will be able to build up their own colonies separately, or even team up. They can trade and become friends, or become rivals with each other. The objective would be to be the last colony last alive by eliminating all of the other colonies. This would make the game much like an RTS. I believe that this feature would definitely not be easy to implement, and would take some time, but I think it would have a massive impact on the game in a positive way. 

Somz

Multiplayer ruined quite a few games already and I doubt this game needs it to begin with.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

StorymasterQ

Not easy, yes. Massive impact, yes. Positive way, I don't think so.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

BetaSpectre

The pausing is infact a pretty important part of the game. Its like playing FTL without being able to pause. Watch as orders aren't followed and movements delayed.

It'd be interesting but also speed would be another issue as well as AFK. These games will be VERY long what happens when you leave?

Until the colonists can do everything by themselves or issue themselves orders Multiplayer won't be viable IMO.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

TwixFunSize

Guys, These ideas are good, But the game is only in Alpha 6 (or 5 i forget :P ) So we should think about thiss when more game features are available.

Włoczykij

[PL]
Multiplayer może wnieśc sporo ciekawych rzeczy, ale musimy poczekać na bardziej rozbudowaną alfe bądz nawet bete, gdy bedzie mozliwe eksplorowanie dalszych terenów w formie sektorów (nowych map)za pomoca na przykład pojazdów baz , w tagzwanym systemie "off-line" gdzie możemy napotykać kolonie innych graczy w formie zapisów kierowanych przez Npc a gracze naszą w formie zapisu z adnotacją online. Jednym słowem nie będzie MMo w pełnym tego słowa znaczeniu ale to my będziemy tworzyć Świat RimWorld. Dodatkowo w przyszłosci można dodać handel poprzeż komunikator traktujac ludzi online jako będacych w zasięgu.
[EN]
Multiplayer can bring a lot of interesting things, but we have to wait for a more extensive Alfe or even beta, when will be possible to explore further areas in the form of sectors (the new map) using, for example, vehicle bases in tagzwanym system "off-line" where we encounter colonies other players in the form of records managed by NPC and players we write in the form of annotated online. In a word, there will be an MMO in the full sense of the word but we will create a world RimWorld. In addition, in the future, you can add trade through instant messaging and we will treat people online as units forming within.

im love gooogle translate :P

Somz

Quote from: Włoczykij on August 04, 2014, 06:35:51 PM
[PL]
Multiplayer może wnieśc sporo ciekawych rzeczy, ale musimy poczekać na bardziej rozbudowaną alfe bądz nawet bete, gdy bedzie mozliwe eksplorowanie dalszych teren�w w formie sektor�w (nowych map)za pomoca na przykład pojazd�w baz , w tagzwanym systemie "off-line" gdzie możemy napotykać kolonie innych graczy w formie zapis�w kierowanych przez Npc a gracze naszą w formie zapisu z adnotacją online. Jednym słowem nie będzie MMo w pełnym tego słowa znaczeniu ale to my będziemy tworzyć Świat RimWorld. Dodatkowo w przyszłosci można dodać handel poprzeż komunikator traktujac ludzi online jako będacych w zasięgu.
[EN]
Multiplayer can bring a lot of interesting things, but we have to wait for a more extensive Alfe or even beta, when will be possible to explore further areas in the form of sectors (the new map) using, for example, vehicle bases in tagzwanym system "off-line" where we encounter colonies other players in the form of records managed by NPC and players we write in the form of annotated online. In a word, there will be an MMO in the full sense of the word but we will create a world RimWorld. In addition, in the future, you can add trade through instant messaging and we will treat people online as units forming within.

im love gooogle translate :P

Yeah, gotta love google's unintelligible gibberish. \o/
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

zerolightning

Quote from: MrFanseePants on August 03, 2014, 05:43:59 AM
On a game such as RimWorld, a multiplayer feature is always controversial. Most games don't actually implement this, but I think it would be fun on a game like this. Every player should get their own spawn point randomly on the map (with 3 survivors like usual). Everyone will be able to build up their own colonies separately, or even team up. They can trade and become friends, or become rivals with each other. The objective would be to be the last colony last alive by eliminating all of the other colonies. This would make the game much like an RTS. I believe that this feature would definitely not be easy to implement, and would take some time, but I think it would have a massive impact on the game in a positive way.

Mutiplayer is gona be WAY  to hard to creat.Maybe to raid sombody is gona be ok but the raided person's base is gona be fine.