Songs of Syx-City State Simulator

Started by laki__95, April 15, 2020, 09:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laki__95

Just heads up first, this is "Promotion" from the fan so if I did something wrong it's my fault, not a dev, thanks for understanding.

A while ago I came across one hidden gem which is still struggling to get attention for some reason :o

About Songs of Syx:
Songs of Syx is a fantasy city-builder where you start off as an insignificant colony and build, scheme, and fight your way towards a metropolis and empire. The mechanics are complex and true to life, where small events can spiral into the collapse of kingdoms. Easy to learn, but impossible to master.

Living World
Full of different races, cultures, old and new gods and strange creatures. Night turns to day, climate and weather change, and migrations of animals and people flow. Droughts and pestilence, pirates and bandits, and new discoveries will ensure kingdoms and empires come and go with or without your intervention. No game will ever be the same, as all content, background stories, and easter-eggs are generated uniquely each iteration, while still sticking to a rich background story that you will unfold piece by piece.
Base Building on a Huge Scale
Take your settlement further that you ever have by winning the hearts of your subjects or by whipping them into submission. Have their number swell your insignificant colony into a metropolis of tens of thousands. Be careful not to overreach, as everything you build requires upkeep and a slight disruption of your production, or a dip in your standing, could quickly spiral out of control and your people will not hesitate to depose a thoughtless king. GRAND
Grand Strategy
As your capital grows, it must be sustained by the villages, towns, lumber camps, castles and ports that constitute your kingdom. But you're not alone in. Other kingdoms and despots are eager to forge an alliance or expand their borders, so tend to your relations and try not to stand culturally. To grow your might, you must engage in global trade, where there are no fixed prices, no currency to mint, but based on supply and demand, turning you rich one day, and your goods worthless on the next, if you're not paying attention.

Among other things, there will be also Massive Tactical Battles, Nobility & Slaves, Interaction between subjects, Punishment System, Opiates plantation, and much more stuff are planed.

It's very interesting blend between Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress, Total War, Roguelike.

This game is a one-man project, a project of a man with a vision and dedication, 6 years of work is put so far in this game and many more are to come.
What has me motivated to do a post here is that Rimworld was also once upon the time one-man project of man and vision, so therefore I call upon you guys to come, check and support this project.

Thanks for understanding.

Kickstarter- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/songsofsyx/songs-of-syx?ref=9kfuk2&token=746f7504

Discord- https://discord.gg/8ZRjC3