More Mechanoids?

Started by Zeta Omega, August 06, 2014, 05:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think should be added as a new mechanoid? (or which is scariest?)

Spider: Fast moving melee unit. (SUGGESTED BY: Garen)
8 (21.6%)
Defender: Heavily armored units that use shields to defend weaker allies.
2 (5.4%)
Siren: Fragile mechanoid unit that stuns/slows anything in range.
5 (13.5%)
Sieger: Slow, heavily armored and armed mechanoid with mortar style ranged attack.
3 (8.1%)
Overseer: Mechanoid with shield and ability to repair downed allies.
7 (18.9%)
Suicider: Fast, hard to hit, explosion radius with possible shrapnel.
3 (8.1%)
A tiered system to mechanoids (Old/broken < New/Advanced)
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Zeta Omega

ANYWAYS! whos gotten their hands on ALPHA 6! awesome right?

Zeta Omega

Today...We come upon a great and horrible problem my mechanoid brothers...We can now be incapacitated and Stunned with these EMP weapons...A moment of silence for out fallen ranks

Noobshock

Necrobumping for MORE MECHANOIDS (by that I mean new types of robots)! And more mechanoid tech the player can get his hands on somehow (in very limited supply ofc). Of course I'm assuming fleshing out something like this is more "endgame"-related and not necessarily a broad priority, but yeah, would love to see them. Love the design of the centipede which is reminding me of the Starcraft Reaver, and would love to see where Tynan could take this if he were to put some more time into them.

There ya go. SUPPORT THE MECHANOIDS! :D

A_Soft_Machine_Man

I was thinking something of a middle ground between the Scyther and Centipede, having more defense than the scyther but less than the centipede and serving as an all-purpose assault platform.

Eg. "Scorpio" mechanoid armed with a pair of 'heavy' R5 pulse lances (basically to the R4 what the L15 is to the M16) for the 'claws' and a slower firing but more powerful charge lance for the 'stinger' on the tail.

Bodog999

The mechs currently are already annoying enough, why make more? they will just annoy us more xD especially on randy random extreme challange :/

MyNameIsSpyder

Quote from: Garen on August 09, 2014, 05:00:26 PM
since the mechanoids are built for generic purposes....

how about a spider-mechanoid - thats fast and does melee damage, or a (dare i say it) Siege mechanoid called the turtle
Like the idea, but I'm confused about them only being inside mountains.

the spider one inhabits mountains, whilst the turtle one can only be found on the coast

Coenmcj

More mechanoids for my Psychically deaf colonists to worship? I'm all for that.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Fruit loops

Hell of fast melee Mechs, to were if they get to you your pretty much screwed, and they swarm colonists, or they take less daage from turrets, so they don't care much about them they just bum rush your colonists.
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Splinterbee

How about an exploding mechanoid. It runs up to colonists and explodes in a 3x3 radius
Video games, are pretty good

Professor Cupcake

I often criticise sci-fi robotics for making them humanoid all the time. It shows a complete lack of imagination, especially when there are provably superior forms already in active use nowadays.

On the subject of provably superior forms: insects (et al). Ant robots anyone? Ants are known for their ability to lift things many times their weight. So how about an ant mechanoid that, uh... lifts things and carries them off? Possibly even kidnapping the odd colonist.
Personally, I'd see that one as a separate event to most mechanoid attacks. More like scouts and harvesters than combat mechs, hence they will likely not be put alongside the fighters.

Mechanoids don't follow the same rules as organic life. They know exactly what they are, why they were created, what there purpose is (or at least what it was supposed to be). So they wouldn't have the same inhibitions regarding suicide units. A few walking mines perhaps? Or maybe screw the walking, and have them as rolling mines. The body part for their movement would then be an internal gyroscope. Maybe also have a primer body part which, if disabled, means they will be unable to self-detonate any more.

So that's a couple of ideas I guess.

Hayhorse

Well has anyone else noticed that Mechanoids have genders?. I think that Tynan is going to implement Mechanoids that work for you, since if you shut down a Centipede there is an option to remove its brain, I think that we will be able to remove there brains and either upload someones to a Mechanoid OR we can make our own body's for them and plop the mechanoid brain in and viola! We have a mechanoid on our side now! That or there might be a feature in A9 or A10 that we play has a mechanoid hive starting with a crashed ship part coming down (The player) and mechanoids popping out to take over a colony or town that's on the planet. The player takes it over then begins to build a hive there and begins making Scyther's and Centipede's to go raid the Colony's on the planet for supply's to build more. With the goal of having making the first Mechanoid planet

Zeta Omega

HELLO EVERYONE. Long time no talk or message on this post but im back and as eager as ever to hear anything mechanoid related, Ive been a bit busy trying to understand the More mechanoids mod so if you know anything helpful please tell me.

keylocke

build more pylons.  ;)

lel.

-------

hmm.. this is a combination of several ideas :

how about a matriarch mech that can spawn a maximum of 5 tiny shielded exploding mechs? (she spawns new ones if her bomb mechs are lower than 5).. and her main weapon is like a mortar..

or maybe she just spawns random mechs at intervals until you kill her.

she can replace the evil ship part and she can also randomly emit psychic waves..

Zeta Omega

Quote from: keylocke on October 12, 2015, 06:01:06 PM
build more pylons.  ;)

lel.

-------

hmm.. this is a combination of several ideas :

how about a matriarch mech that can spawn a maximum of 5 tiny shielded exploding mechs? (she spawns new ones if her bomb mechs are lower than 5).. and her main weapon is like a mortar..

or maybe she just spawns random mechs at intervals until you kill her.

she can replace the evil ship part and she can also randomly emit psychic waves..
So a type of BOSS/queen mechanoid? Nice idea.

keylocke

aye, instead of the oh exploitable evil/poison ship part..

it would be a matriarch type mech. that will shoot with a mortar, spawn mechs at intervals and maybe spawn a group of mechs like evil/poison ship part when initially attacked, and emit psychic waves at set intervals.