[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Released a new version today that adds a couple of features that I thought warranted a bump of the full version number to 2.0.  Full changelog:

• Added the Colonist Status Bar, which lists all of your colonists at the top of the map.

• Click a colonist in the row to select that colonist.  Shift-click to add a colonist to the current selection.
    • Double-click a colonist to center the map on that colonist.
    • Green status means that a colonist is healthy; yellow is wounded; red is incapacitated.
    • Dead colonists are automatically removed when they are buried or can be removed manually by right-clicking on them and selecting the appropriate option.
    • Missing colonists (kidnapped or otherwise missing from the map) can be removed by right-clicking and selecting the appropriate option.
  • Added an Inventory screen, triggered by an Inventory button in the dialog buttons section.  This screen shows categorized counts for all resources, weapons, apparel and buildings. (Much of credit for this idea goes to Joretap0 and his Inventory Panel--the implementation is different, but the idea is the same).
  • Added an "Interface Settings" dialog accessible from the main menu during gameplay.  Most of the features added by the mod can be turned on and off here.
  • Added passion indicators to the Work tab in the Overview menu.  An extra border to the left and right of the checkboxes indicate the two passion levels.  The colored numbers in the manual priorities dialog now indicate passion level--gray for no passion, yellow for interested, green for burning passion (credit to LuciferNZ for the idea).
  • Added a replacement for the Growing tab pabel that uses radio buttons in a scrollable list instead of a drop-down menu.
  • Added an option (not enabled by default) to create stockpiles with all resources disabled so that you don't need to deselect all of the defaults.
  • The mod now auto-detects screen resolution changes during gameplay and disables the alternate tabs if they do not fit.
  • BUGFIX: You can now cancel mining designations when selecting a map square designated for mining.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed some word wrapping issues in the Health tab

gamerjeh

Nice update  ;D. hope to see some updates in the future too.

bluestrike15

I'm having that weird color issue when i press escape with this mod enabled. Everything becomes a bright color and it really hurts the eyes. But when i press escape again and go back to the game it works fine. When its raining it is fog/clouds instead.

daft73

EdB

Quote from: bluestrike15 on August 30, 2014, 07:23:15 PM
I'm having that weird color issue when i press escape with this mod enabled. Everything becomes a bright color and it really hurts the eyes. But when i press escape again and go back to the game it works fine. When its raining it is fog/clouds instead.

I try to test as much as I can, but apparently I don't use the escape button!  This definitely looks like my fault.  Will fix.

EdB

Quote from: bluestrike15 on August 30, 2014, 07:23:15 PM

I did a new 2.0.2 release to fix this problem.  Thanks for reporting the bug!

bluestrike15

EdB

Quote from: Encode on August 30, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
After updating over 1.2.2, and load up on-going savegame, the Inventory window did not show up. Tested that only after starting new game can.

Sorry that you're having trouble with an existing save game.  Did the Inventory button not appear?  Or did it appear, but clicking on it did not work?  Are you using other mods with that save game?

LuciferNZ

Quote from: EdB on August 30, 2014, 05:37:37 PM
Added passion indicators to the Work tab in the Overview menu.  An extra border to the left and right of the checkboxes indicate the two passion levels.  The colored numbers in the manual priorities dialog now indicate passion level--gray for no passion, yellow for interested, green for burning passion (credit to LuciferNZ for the idea).
*fist pump*

YESS!!!!

And the other additions are damn well awesome too - kudos on your work mate!

EdB

Quote from: Encode on August 30, 2014, 10:47:57 PM
- Miscellaneous_w_MAI

The inventory dialog is not playing nice with the Miscellaneous w/ MAI mod.  When you click to open the dialog, the mod tries to count everything up, and it's choking on the Nano Printer.  My fault.  Working on a fix.  Also, items in Nano Storage are not counted.  I'll try to fix that, too, but that one will take a little more work.  I also saw some weirdness with the colonist bar and the Mai AI, but that might have been because I cheated it in--it might not be an issue when you play legit.

Thanks for reporting the bug.  It's a mod that I hadn't tried.

EdB

Quote from: EdB on August 31, 2014, 12:06:40 AM
...items in Nano Storage are not counted.  I'll try to fix that, too...

For those of you who use the Miscellaneous w MAI mod, what would be the preferred behavior for the Inventory Dialog when counting Nano Storage?  Should it count all of the stored resources, food and weapons?  Since those items are sort in "deep" storage--i.e. it looks like they're not available to traders, and you have to explicitly interact with the storage to get them out--I'm not sure that you'd want them to appear there by default.  Or would you?  Any opinions?  I guess the ideal would be to split the numbers similar to how it works now with finished/unfinished buildings, but I'm not sure if that's something that I'll put in there. 

EdB

I've posted an update, version 2.1.1.  This includes a handful of bug fixes and a couple of additions, including better compatibility between the Inventory Dialog and the Miscellaneous w MAI mod.  Here are the full release notes:

• The Inventory Dialog now counts resources and weapons stored in Nano Storage in the Miscellaneous w MAI mod.
  • The Inventory Dialog now includes a "Include Compressed Storage" option that works with Nano Storage in the Miscellaneous w MAI mod and crates in the Resource Kompression mod.  Note that you'll only see the option if you have a building or resource to which it applies.  If there are other mods out there that I should add support for, let me know.
  • Re-ordered the building categories in the Inventory Dialog.
  • Alt-click or middle-click the Colonist Status Bar to select all available colonists (credit to Encode for suggesting this change).  Alt-clicking a dead colonist will select all dead colonists in the bar.
  • Added an option to immediately pause a new or loaded game when it starts.  It's always the first thing I do when I load a saved game, so the mod might as well do it automatically!
  • BUGFIX: Fixed a problem that was preventing the Inventory Dialog from opening when the colony had a Nano Printer from the Miscellaneous w MAI mod.
  • BUGFIX: Ship parts now appear correctly in the Inventory Dialog.
  • BUGFIX: In-progress floor construction no longer appears under the "Other" resources section in the Inventory Dialog.
It's almost impossible to test against all of the mods that are out there, so thanks for the feedback and the bug reports.  They are very helpful!

EdB

Quote from: Encode on August 30, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
Btw, do you think it is a good idea to say, Alt-Click the big colonist display to select ALL, and maybe Ctrl-Click colonists on map to select ALL colonists in view.

I added the alt-click in the most recent release, along with a middle mouse-button click that does the same thing.  Good idea, it's definitely useful for quickly drafting everybody.

If you double-click a colonist on the map in the vanilla game, it will select all colonists visible in the current view, so I think the second suggestion is already covered.

daft73

Getting back to say the mod is working great, no problems to speak of. Thanks again for the mod, and your time. :D

EdB

Quote from: Encode on August 31, 2014, 10:35:02 PM
it is just that when our colonists go crazy and we capture them (prison), they too will get selected when in view and we double click on any colonists, then we can't perform any action like drafting.

Oh I see what you mean--yeah, that's not ideal behavior.  It's usually not very useful to select a broken or psychotic colonist at the same time as the others.  Unfortunately, the colonist bar sort of uses the same code for the alt-click as when you double-click a colonist on the map, so it's going to have the same problem.  It's pretty easy to fix the behavior in the colonist bar.  It's a little more difficult to change the behavior when you click on the map--but not impossible.  I probably won't be doing another quick update like I've done with the last couple of updates, but I'll put it on the list of things to look at.