[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warden

When i put a colonist to cryptosleep, the casket still says "Contains: unknown" and the colonist remains displayed in the top of my screen. Is this a bug by this mod or a vanilla bug? I don't think any other mods i'm running could cause this. I disabled this mod to no difference.

EdB

Quote from: warden on March 21, 2015, 03:15:20 AM
When i put a colonist to cryptosleep, the casket still says "Contains: unknown" and the colonist remains displayed in the top of my screen. Is this a bug by this mod or a vanilla bug? I don't think any other mods i'm running could cause this. I disabled this mod to no difference.

"Contains: unknown" is what the it displays in the Vanilla game when you put a colonist in the casket, so that's not a mod issue.  I haven't really thought about what to do with the colonist at the top of the screen.  I'm not sure that I would remove the colonist from the bar, but I should consider marking them so that it's clear that they are in cryptosleep.

warden

Quote from: EdB on March 21, 2015, 02:27:48 PM
Quote from: warden on March 21, 2015, 03:15:20 AM

"Contains: unknown" is what the it displays in the Vanilla game when you put a colonist in the casket, so that's not a mod issue.  I haven't really thought about what to do with the colonist at the top of the screen.  I'm not sure that I would remove the colonist from the bar, but I should consider marking them so that it's clear that they are in cryptosleep.

That's weird, i could have sworn i'd seen it display contains: colonist name somewhere, if not in my own game. Well, i tried a vanilla installation and yeah, no difference... Since dead colonists are grayed out on the top bar, maybe hibernating colonists could be shaded blue or something.

SSS

Love it! I've just gotten around to adding mods to Rimworld again. This is fits into the game very, very smoothly and is a must-have imo.

Thanks for coding it and keeping it updated!

Jaxor

Can you add an image overlay to each colonist's status bar portrait that displays the current task a colonist is performing? I think it would make large groups much less hard to keep track of, so I wouldn't have to manually check.

A mockup:

Erdumas

I also had some problems with this mod. After I installed it, starting the game gave just a black screen. If I started the game with the mod installed outside the mod folder, and then moved it back into the mod folder, I could activate the mod, but doing so would crash the menu: I would get just the background but no menu options.

I was able to fix it by doing a fresh install of the game (just unzipped the same 9.727 version, which removed all save files and worlds), and a fresh download of the mod (2.6.5; but this was the same version I was using earlier).

Don't know what caused the issue, but this fixed it.

The output log said something about being unable to load the mod, but I forgot to save a copy and no longer have the error message.

edit: Actually, my save files/worlds were preserved. I don't know where they are stored, but apparently it's in a separate location from what I deleted.

Kaballah

Quote from: Jaxor on March 23, 2015, 01:11:13 AM
Can you add an image overlay to each colonist's status bar portrait that displays the current task a colonist is performing? I think it would make large groups much less hard to keep track of, so I wouldn't have to manually check.

A mockup:

This is a neat idea, if it's practical.

Beathrus

Is there a way to re-arrange the listings at the top? I don't like how they are ordered and I sorta want to re-order them in a way; as I know who is what job I put them on. I.E. Miners beside miners, builders by builders? Sort of a 'Edit Colonist Bar/Rearrange Colonist on Colonist Bar'

Kaballah

Looking forward to the A10 version of this :)

... actually it hurts my soul to not have it  :-[  the pain the pain

Wayfaerer

Quote from: Kaballah on April 04, 2015, 09:26:55 PM
Quote from: Jaxor on March 23, 2015, 01:11:13 AM

A mockup:

This is a neat idea, if it's practical.

Oh man. The amount of times I've ordered surgery on one of my colonists and had my doc ready to go but one of my army of first aiders who are used to patching up burns and cuts has decided yes they will install the robotic eye.

Being able to look at the colonist icon and see who's taken the job so I can send them off to do something else and get my actual surgeon onto it would be amazing.

That or simply over riding any job already taken by a colonist would be amazing..

Florius

Hi! Love your mod, it is very usefull! However, I was wondering, is it possible to add the current task of a colonist under their portrait? Or is it possible for me to do myself (with 0 modding experience).

EdB

Just a quick update.  I have started upgrading this mod to alpha 10.  I was hoping to make it through it this weekend, but some of the changes in alpha 10 impact the mod a little more than usual.  That makes an already fairly tedious process take even longer.

I'm guessing right now that I'll have a release ready sometime next weekend.

Famous Shoes

Heh, I forgot about this mod and have been thinking during my own mod playtesting of A10 changes "gee these interface changes from A9 to A10 seriously suck." Then I saw this post and remembered why! Looking forward to having this back in the mix, awesome work.

Havan_IronOak

Me too! After switching to release A10, this is one of the mods I miss the most!

dawngael

Thank you SO much for working on this mod.  EDB Interface and Prepare carefully are the only two mods I use for Rimworld and I miss EDB Interface desperately.  I'm extremely grateful to you for making them available!