[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Thank you for the info on that memory leak. My game has been crashing too. Here is my mod list:

Core
EdBModOrder
RW_EnhancedTabs-0.13.0.1
VeinMiner
EdBColonistBar
Pawn State Icons
AllowTool
RW_Blueprints-0.13.0.1
RW_Manager-0.13.0.2
RW_FluffyRelations-0.13.0.1

I have some in common with you guys, and a few you don't. As you can see EdBColonistBar is not last, so I will change that and see if it helps.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

mattb150

Quote from: MisterVertigo on April 13, 2016, 08:29:36 AM
Thank you for the info on that memory leak. My game has been crashing too. Here is my mod list:

Core
EdBModOrder
RW_EnhancedTabs-0.13.0.1
VeinMiner
EdBColonistBar
Pawn State Icons
AllowTool
RW_Blueprints-0.13.0.1
RW_Manager-0.13.0.2
RW_FluffyRelations-0.13.0.1

I have some in common with you guys, and a few you don't. As you can see EdBColonistBar is not last, so I will change that and see if it helps.

You and I share RW Enhanced Tabs, Colonist Bar, and RW Manager.  The only mod that seems to be common among all experiencing the memory leak is Colonist Bar.  Just posting this for troubleshooting clarity.

Lumaan

Quote from: Lumaan on April 12, 2016, 09:14:12 PM
Some more testing on the memory leak. And seem like it's all about the loadorder, this is the loadorder I've been using for 2½ hours now without the game getting over 2Gb RAM.
Quote<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1135</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>More Factions Spawn</li>
    <li>Rimsenal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_hair</li>
    <li>CPHaulage</li>
    <li>EnviroSeeds_SK</li>
    <li>PackMuffalo</li>
    <li>Fences</li>
    <li>More Furniture</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>RW_MedicalInfo</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs</li>
    <li>RW_Manager</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

If I have EdBColonistbar not as last mods in the loadorder I'm having memory leak.. Why? I don't know, maybe EdB have an idea why.
This mods and loadorder worked for 3 hours without memory leak before I quit for a break, spotted a few mods I'd like to try, installed them and reloaded the save and 30 mins later I almost hit the 3.2Gb+ RAM wall *3 hours around 1.8-2Gb RAM use, then 30 min new mods went from 2Gb to 3.1Gb.. hmm*

Went to bed and after a nice sleep I'm testing again, this time on a new world/save with old and new mods. 40 mins so far with RAM use around 1.6Gb, no memory leak. :o

Game seems like not liking new mods into "old" worlds/saves.

Will keep testing this.

Edit: After a restart of the game the save now make memory leak  :'(

kosh401

FYI I just tested using Colony Bar on the lowest of the mod loading order and still had the crash unfortunately.

RickyMartini

Quote from: kosh401 on April 13, 2016, 05:51:36 PM
FYI I just tested using Colony Bar on the lowest of the mod loading order and still had the crash unfortunately.

Maybe other mods that are causing this? There shouldn't be a problem like this.

spazkat

I wish, but the only mod I'm using is this one. I have had it crash on permadeath and non-permadeath and version 1 & 2 of the mod, and they were all because it ran out of memory.

Dave-In-Texas

for me any mod that uses assemblies appears to be the issue.  the british flag on the front screen changes to a purple x and eventually the game crashes.  the crash sometimes generates data to upload, sometimes windows catches it and the most recent one the game world went all rainbow colored and then windows intercepted the crash.

the crash stuff never happened while i was play testing alpha 13.. and i played much longer than this.

the purple x issue is because of an unloaded texture - its a sign of something internal getting corrupted..    as painful as it may be i'm going to try a play through without any of the mods i use that have assemblies (other than prepare carefully lol..) and see if it still crashes.

kosh401

I just went all evening without any crashing AFTER I removed this mod from my mod list (crashing every 20-30 mins before across multiple games). I left all other mods as-is (mod list + crash reports linked on previous page of this thread) so it's definitely this one causing it.

So the good news is the game is 'playable' crash free without this mod... the bad news is the game isn't really playable without this mod because it's so awesome lol ><  Hopefully Edb can figure it out without too much trouble... I'm glad to help provide any more info too if needed. Cheers :)

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: kosh401 on April 13, 2016, 11:43:37 PM
I just went all evening without any crashing AFTER I removed this mod from my mod list (crashing every 20-30 mins before across multiple games). I left all other mods as-is (mod list + crash reports linked on previous page of this thread) so it's definitely this one causing it.

So the good news is the game is 'playable' crash free without this mod... the bad news is the game isn't really playable without this mod because it's so awesome lol ><  Hopefully Edb can figure it out without too much trouble... I'm glad to help provide any more info too if needed. Cheers :)

ok.. cool, going to try that instead. lol

edit: hours later,  multiple saves, picking the game back up no further crashes.  so regretfully i can confirm that for me, dropping the colonist bar (as necessary as it is) fixed the problem f or me.

mattb150

I, too, with great sadness in my heart, must report that removal of Colonist Bar has resolved the memory leak.  I can now play the same save file indefinitely, and memory usage does not appear to climb when the game is paused.

Alas, my eyes weep great tears :(

MisterVertigo

I came here to report what the rest of you have, but you all beat me to it. I'm gonna keep using the mod, I'm just going to save a bit more often. I can hardly stand to play without this mod! :)
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Fluffy (l2032)

So I got tired of waiting for EdB to fix the leak in his UI/Colonist bar mod, and since I already had most of the code for rendering pawns (my own, EdB's stuff is much more advanced), I figured I might as well make myself useful. I've released a pawn bar mini-mod. It tries to copy the utility of EdB's colonist bar.

This is a really rudimentary implementation of the colonist bar. It shows your currently alive and non-kidnapped colonists (dead/kidnapped disappear immediately), and allows you to select them with click and shift-click, jump to them with double click, and select all with middle click.

I won't add extra features, only reason I'm releasing this is to tide people over until EdB fixes his much better implementation.

Note: It's a blatant copy in spirit, a ripoff in design, but the code is all my own original work (I'm convinced EdB is a black magician - that stuff is way beyond my skills).
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0

Lumaan

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 14, 2016, 05:40:42 PM
So I got tired of waiting for EdB to fix the leak in his UI/Colonist bar mod, and since I already had most of the code for rendering pawns (my own, EdB's stuff is much more advanced), I figured I might as well make myself useful. I've released a pawn bar mini-mod. It tries to copy the utility of EdB's colonist bar.

This is a really rudimentary implementation of the colonist bar. It shows your currently alive and non-kidnapped colonists (dead/kidnapped disappear immediately), and allows you to select them with click and shift-click, jump to them with double click, and select all with middle click.

I won't add extra features, only reason I'm releasing this is to tide people over until EdB fixes his much better implementation.

Note: It's a blatant copy in spirit, a ripoff in design, but the code is all my own original work (I'm convinced EdB is a black magician - that stuff is way beyond my skills).
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0
Thank you, as a easy workaround until EdB gets time to work on he's mod(s) :)

And just to let other know how to get it in an already A13 save go read here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.msg203392#msg203392
Replace the "<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />" with "<li Class="PawnBar.Mapcomponent_PawnBar" />"  8)

WHiZ

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 14, 2016, 05:40:42 PM

thank you fluffy, works like a charm so far!

Truthowl

--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630