[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qurffe

i have no idea about that error but it doesnt seem to have anything to do with this mod? As a test you could just disable mods and try to start a new game and see if that works, cause system.xml.dll seems like core file? But i am not really coder so who knows.

jackarbiter

Quote from: Totti on April 25, 2016, 08:49:48 AM
I did it like you said.
http://prntscr.com/awlyhx
But still got this error
http://prntscr.com/awlz3v
Find line 69872 position 15 and see if there's a missing >

Odds are that's the last line and there isn't a missing > but it's missing well above that somewhere, I dunno. But worth a shot.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Totti

http://prntscr.com/awmhgs
This seems to be the problem. But how do I fix it?

jackarbiter

Quote from: Totti on April 25, 2016, 09:29:02 AM
http://prntscr.com/awmhgs
This seems to be the problem. But how do I fix it?

It looks like however the file was saved, either in game while having the mod loaded incorrectly or after you "fixed it," it got way corrupted. I doubt there's a way to fix that manually since there is probably more than one or two lines missing. Do you have a slightly earlier save or one you could compare the end to?
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Totti

Argelle

Quote from: Acruid on April 10, 2016, 03:23:51 PM
How to make this work with an existing save:

• Open save file with notepad at: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves\".
  • Ctrl+F, search for the tag "<components>".
  • Add the EDB interface component to the list. The line is "<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />".
  • Save...
  • Profit!

The components section looks like this in my save before...
<components>
<li Class="BreakdownManager" />
<li Class="RTMadSkills.MapComponent_RTSkillIncreaser" />
<li Class="RTFusebox.MapComponent_RTFusebox" />
<li Class="FluffyManager.Manager">
<JobStack>
<JobStack />
</JobStack>
</li>
</components>

And after:

<components>
<li Class="RTMadSkills.MapComponent_RTSkillIncreaser" />
<li Class="RTFusebox.MapComponent_RTFusebox" />
<JobStack>
<JobStack />
</JobStack>
</li>
<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />
</components>

Just curious (I'm NOT a programmer at all) as to why <li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" /> is after </li> ?
(if li and /li are open and close list...)

Rock5

If you end an xml tag with /> you are closing that tag. So
Opens with <li and closes with />.

If you need to add something between the open and close tags then you end the open tag with just > and close it with </li>, Eg.
<JobStack>
<JobStack />
</JobStack>
</li>

Notice how the first line doesn't end with /> but only > so it's still open.

Hope that helps.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Argelle

It certainelly calms my curiosity and it makes sens!
(as well as doing the trick ;) )
thanks to you, Rock5

EFQC_Hydro

FroBodine

Regardless if the dude didn't read the original post update, there's no reason to be an ass.

The top posting is updated with the latest news.

EdB

Quote from: EFQC_Hydro on April 29, 2016, 09:35:06 AM
do you plan to update the EDB Interface to Alpha 13 soon?

I will be updating the mod for Alpha 13, but I'm not quite sure what form it will take.  It's very likely that I will be splitting it into multiple mods, so you'll have a colonist bar mod, a inventory panel model, a UI tweaks mods, etc.  Splitting things up will let me do the update more gradually.  I would like some feedback on which things besides the colonist bar you are missing the most.  That will help me prioritize.

Currently, I'm working on adding support for relationships to the Prepare Carefully mod.  That's more difficult than I thought it would be, but after I'm done with that, I will start on the interface mod.

Dugalle900

The parts I miss the most about this mod,besides the colonist bar , are the inventory tab (I assume it's from this mod, if not, bollocks), and the ability to choose which tabs appear in the bottom of the screen, I've never used the world, history and factions tab so, that has been missed.

If you do separate the features into different mods, may I ask that put up a version of them all together? The main reason being that I'm lazy :P
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

EdB

Quote from: Dugalle900 on April 29, 2016, 11:22:56 PM
...are the inventory tab (I assume it's from this mod, if not, bollocks) ...

It is part of this mod.  I got a little annoyed with getting Prepare Carefully working, so I went ahead and released a standalone version of the Inventory tab.  It's the first release, so as always, consider it a beta--if you don't want to deal with potential bugs, you should wait, but if you're ok with testing it out, feel free to download it.

Download EdB Inventory 0.13.0.1

Dugalle900

One last thing I forgot to mention was the Squads bar, that was pretty handy too. I'm gonna test the inventory tab now and see how it does :)
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Grogfeld

Inventory tab works great, no errors. Loaded on save in middle of game with many mods and there are no issues. Right click menu for equipping work as before so it's a nice progress till full Interface Mod release. Kudos to You EdB.