[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

Quote from: zyklame on September 02, 2014, 12:34:30 PM
It happens befor starting the game where you initialy select your colonists. And you are right, it happens in vanilla too. So its a bug in the main game.
Good to know thanks for the update ;)

Allseer

kidlonewolf

Xerberus86

two suggestions / requests:

- can you add a screen where you can select the resources you wanna have listed on the left side, in my current colony they fill the whole left side with icons and numbers and finding the resource  values which are important to me is kinda hard. would be great to set the resource panel for example to only show raw resources or things like planks, metal, meals, etc.

- is it possible to add priority options to the workshops? i am playing with the TTM mod and there are a bunch of workshops now and prioritising them would come in handy.

- ok a third suggestion^^, can you add another screen where you can see the equipment of your colonists and also order them to equip things from a list which lists weapons & apparel from your stockpiles?

Edit: and a fourth one, can you add some little symbols below the colonist pictures at the to of the screen which show a red weapon symbol if he's missing a weapon and a red (or yellow) symbol if he's missing armor and maybe also a helm symbol. especially after i have to rescue someone or if i got a new clonist then i won't always remember if they had a weapon or not.

Taishimoonshadow

the most recent update fixed my issues glad to be able to use this!

EdB

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 03, 2014, 10:27:20 AM

All good suggestions.  I'll definitely look into each one.  I think adding prioritization to the workshops would probably be the most difficult of those for me to do, since it really gets into how crafting jobs are assigned to colonists.  I haven't really looked at that aspect of the code enough to know whether that change is possible--but I agree that it's a good idea.

The others are all definitely possible.  I'm not sure when my next update with new features will be--I'll probably wait until after the next alpha release--but I'll try to add at least one of these.

EdB

Quote from: Taishimoonshadow on September 03, 2014, 07:04:58 PM
the most recent update fixed my issues glad to be able to use this!

Good news!  I'm glad that fixed it for you.

Xerberus86

Quote from: EdB on September 04, 2014, 12:09:22 AM

All good suggestions.  I'll definitely look into each one.  I think adding prioritization to the workshops would probably be the most difficult of those for me to do, since it really gets into how crafting jobs are assigned to colonists.  I haven't really looked at that aspect of the code enough to know whether that change is possible--but I agree that it's a good idea.

The others are all definitely possible.  I'm not sure when my next update with new features will be--I'll probably wait until after the next alpha release--but I'll try to add at least one of these.

cool, thank you!

well giving priorities to the workshops was kinda expected to be a tricky one, but i put my trust in you. you're doing a great job with  your mod at improving the gameplay experience, i especially like those characters pictures at the top of the screen, they are both great gameplay-wise and visually add some flavor. would be nice though if i could re-arrange those pictures, currently the game has no hotkeys / sorting of colonists in any way and i could sort my colonists at the top with different purposes (warrior / close range, sniper, utility / mortar, etc.).

Abrexus

Excellent mod good sir!  I use it with my mod Superior Crafting, and it works fantastic.  I think what he's referring to is allowing you to change via the UI the priorities stored in the BaseWorkGivers.xml file.  That has priorities set for each workbench, and a <priorityInType>100</priorityInType> variable.

I also would love to see this added, but I agree it would be a bit on the tricky side.  BTW, I love the colonist group bar your mod adds to the top of the screen.  It really is a game changer for me.

Xerberus86

Quote from: Abrexus on September 04, 2014, 07:20:31 AM

Excellent mod good sir!  I use it with my mod Superior Crafting, and it works fantastic.  I think what he's referring to is allowing you to change via the UI the priorities stored in the BaseWorkGivers.xml file.  That has priorities set for each workbench, and a <priorityInType>100</priorityInType> variable.

I also would love to see this added, but I agree it would be a bit on the tricky side.  BTW, I love the colonist group bar your mod adds to the top of the screen.  It really is a game changer for me.

YES, especially because you see their equipment on it and can look at the great apparel you got.

Shinzy

Speaking of the colonist icons on the top! (I love the feature!)
would it be possible to have them scale down when you get more colonists
or manually set the size to smaller?

it's threatening to chomp half my screen =P

Now I know you can hide it in the interface options (If there was a way to scale them down I missed it - poor eyesight!)
but.. seeing my guys wearing *my* clothes on the screen at all times
it.. just feeds my vanity so much =P
And yes! I did name one of them as EdBard to butter you up! ;D

Xerberus86

Quote from: Shinzy on September 04, 2014, 11:52:14 AM

Now I know you can hide it in the interface options (If there was a way to scale them down I missed it - poor eyesight!)

well i play with the TTM mod and 8 - 9 colonists is the highest number i got so far (also a new player^^).

but i do agree that this might get problematic if you have more than two rows of colonists.

solution would be like you pointed out to let them scale automatically (or manually by the player if someone likes to have the screen cluttered with it).....OR give us a screen (much like the screenshot from shinzy but with black background coloring) and let us decide which colonist we want to have on our top screen displayed and who not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: ... SUGGESTION / REQUEST:

could you PLS add the option to compare for example an item on the ground with the item you are wearing? it is a huge pain in the butt currently if you wanna look for a new & better weapon after a raiders attack. comparing your equipped weapon (or armor / clothing in general)   with the one laying on the ground is really nervewracking for me.

the perfection solution for that would be to increase the width of the info-screen and simply add the  infos of our equipped weapon (or armor) right next to it. even better if the stats of the item on the ground could be color coded (green = better, grey = same, red = worse).

Iwillbenicetou

One, I love your names. Evulius, EdBard, Engie. I need to start naming some of my colonists after forum usernames!

Two, Yeah, I also get to about 10, 20(?) so if I install this mod (which I'm going to do now) I hope that it tones down. Maybe have a system where it expands when you have a small amount, and shrinks as you get more, but having a max per row.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Xerberus86

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 04, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

One, I love your names. Evulius, EdBard, Engie. I need to start naming some of my colonists after forum usernames!

Two, Yeah, I also get to about 10, 20(?) so if I install this mod (which I'm going to do now) I hope that it tones down. Maybe have a system where it expands when you have a small amount, and shrinks as you get more, but having a max per row.

engie is a s tandard name, i have her almost in every colony (she is one of the presets you get when clicking "randomize", which isn't really randoming the stats anyway).

but now that you mention it, is that supposed to be me in the brown leatherjacket and with the yellow cap (3rd row, 6th from right)? x'D
..i hope i won't end up as a vegetable and get sold to slavers then^^.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!