[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indiecosmic

Quote from: EdB on October 18, 2014, 05:21:05 PM
BUGFIX: The tabs in the overview panel are no longer hard-coded.  Tab classes that are added via a mod assembly will now automatically be picked up like they are in vanilla.

Yay! Thank you! :)

Timber

Any chance you could look into making this compatible with More Bionic Parts! v1.3.1?

Quote from: GottJammern on October 21, 2014, 01:28:23 PM
Apparently EdB Interface independently populates the health bills tab in a manner different from the base game: it would seem it's not compatible.

Also as a side note - could you add "Sell all" option to the trade window somehow? Maybe shift click or something.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Aporatael

Feature Request: In the priorities menu, show what the colonist is currently working on. Like when you click on the colonist it says things like, "cleaning X; hauling X to Y; feeding X meal to person." Being able to see a list of that from the priorities menu would be very useful.

Additional: Have this feature turned off by default, but can be turned on for those that want it.

RemingtonRyder

Okay so, not sure if this is a bug with Rimworld or with this mod, but since 2.3.1 my colonists won't chop trees unless I prioritise each tree individually.

EdB

Quote from: marvinkosh on October 22, 2014, 10:56:02 PM
Okay so, not sure if this is a bug with Rimworld or with this mod, but since 2.3.1 my colonists won't chop trees unless I prioritise each tree individually.

Interesting.  I will look into it.  You're saying that if you select a bunch of trees at the same time from the Architect Orders menu, your colonists won't chop them down, but if you select an individual tree and click the Chop Down button, they will chop it down?

RemingtonRyder

Nope.  I did click single trees and use the Chop Down button if they were fully grown, but colonists will only chop them if I right-click on the tree itself and prioritise that task.  Even if Plant Cutting is assigned priority 1, they just walk right by them.

Minus

Hello! Trying to understand why your mod doesn't seem to work with several others. It seems your mod is conflicting with Recipe Nurse somehow. Given how much modmakers rely on that mod, could you find a solution to this please? Your mod looks great by the way!

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

EdB

Quote from: Minus on October 23, 2014, 10:06:28 AM
Hello! Trying to understand why your mod doesn't seem to work with several others. It seems your mod is conflicting with Recipe Nurse somehow. Given how much modmakers rely on that mod, could you find a solution to this please? Your mod looks great by the way!

Could I maybe get some more feedback on this in general?  I'm not sure that the mod actually does conflict with Recipe Nurse.  I've been able to get the mod to work with More Bionics--though I admit that it does seem to be inconsistent.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm not convinced that it's an issue with the interface mod, though.  It seems like if you start the game with Recipe Nurse enabled and then go into the mods menu and make any changes, all of the recipe nurse recipes are lost.  I think it's because Recipe Nurse only loads recipes when you start up RimWorld--not when you start a new game.

EDIT: On a related note, it seems like as mods have gotten more complicated, mod load order is becoming more and more of a problem.  It'd be great if loading order was added to the vanilla game.  If it doesn't get added, I bet it would be possible to mod the mod menu to add loading order--though I haven't looked at it enough to say for sure if it can be done.  I'd volunteer to give it a try, but maintaining two mods is about all that I can handle.

RemingtonRyder

I don't think my tree-cutting problem is related to this mod, jsut so you know.  I think either my save is bugged, or I need to re-install or something. :P

Edit: An older game works fine, no problem cutting trees, so a bugged save it is!

EdB

Quote from: Canute on October 24, 2014, 03:56:55 AM
Just a request.
When you want to buy/sell large quantities, it takes time.
Can you made add  "max" button at the buy and sell side to set the max. amount you can buy or sell of these product ?
Or maybe a way to improve the counting, like when you press shift it goes with 10 steps instead 1.

I think I would take the approach you describe with shift-drag or right-click-drag changing it by 10 steps instead of 1.  Unfortunately, while the change itself is just a small bit of code, it turns out that it's quite difficult to get to that bit of code.  I'd have to re-do the definitions for the trader incidents and then replace quite a bit of code with my own copies just to be able to make the small modification.  I'll add it to my list of feature requests, but unless something else gets me a little deeper into the trader code, I probably will not be making this change.

Timber

A small suggestion for a quality of life improvement:
Make a circular default stockpile around trade beacon once it's built.

RemingtonRyder

Actually, here's a thought regarding traders.  Currently, there doesn't seem to be a lot of change in prices according to demand and supply.  So for example, if I dump 10K logs, the next trader could easily offer the same price or not much lower than the one I sold to.

Basically, traders are a bottomless pit of silver at the moment.  Considering the cost of bionics, maybe that's a good thing, but it feels a bit cheaty to just base my entire economy around chopping wood and hauling it to the trade beacon.

Timber

Quote from: marvinkosh on October 26, 2014, 10:09:48 AM
Basically, traders are a bottomless pit of silver at the moment.  Considering the cost of bionics, maybe that's a good thing, but it feels a bit cheaty to just base my entire economy around chopping wood and hauling it to the trade beacon.

I think this is for the best. It's important to let the player get rid of the resources for both gameplay and performance reasons, though you rightly argue that silver starts piling up instead. It's a question of balance to stress the player into having to spend most of the silver just to make it through another month.

For example when playing on hard cassandra during A5 I had the perfect money flow:
harvest -> sell -> raiders hit -> bribe a tribe to come help -> buy meds to heal up, buy metal to rebuild -> harvest

It was very stressful but also very fun and engaging. Now that bionics help you make killing machines out of your colonists and various mods let you craft your own meds, make your own awesome gear this flow is disrupted and the game start being a bit too easy.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Timber on October 25, 2014, 08:59:56 PM

I found this annoying too, having to switch between the trade beacon and adding to the stockpile to get it right. I found a workaround that I am implementing in the next version of my mod, I added a toggle on the beacon to always show the radius even when not selected, so you can toggle it and then draw the stockpile exactly how you want to manually while still seeing the range.

Igabod

Quote from: Jaxxa on October 27, 2014, 08:05:59 PM
Quote from: Timber on October 25, 2014, 08:59:56 PM

I found this annoying too, having to switch between the trade beacon and adding to the stockpile to get it right. I found a workaround that I am implementing in the next version of my mod, I added a toggle on the beacon to always show the radius even when not selected, so you can toggle it and then draw the stockpile exactly how you want to manually while still seeing the range.

Could you maybe also add that functionality to the sunlamps? It's not as big of a deal with those as it is with the trade beacon but it could be pretty useful anyway.