[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

Quote from: Igabod on October 27, 2014, 09:13:40 PM
Could you maybe also add that functionality to the sunlamps? It's not as big of a deal with those as it is with the trade beacon but it could be pretty useful anyway.
I will look into it, the code should be about the same so I don't see why not.

PKGameOnly

@Timber the game only becomes too easy  if you have traders coming every week.  I for one dont get the privilege of getting a trader to come but once a month and then its the food trader.  I guess the trader mod might be helpful, but if you dont have that installed then your games on hard or challenge get frustrating as you cant rebuild if you dont have any metal ore, which by chance, I have very little on my rimworld it seems I have mostly sandstone, which is not worth mining. 

This mod is my fav if only I could find out how to see my colonist health/status bar in numbers instead of bar graph.  Or even their threshold bar in numbers, it kind of confuses me sometimes when I look at the bar especially of prisoners whether or not they will break, join or stand still.

And someone needs to bring back beating, rough up as action I can do with prisoners, my gosh, they sometimes refuse to join, those 99% ones, well they need a beating to bring them over, nothing like a good spanking to get you to see right.

Endoric

bug report:

colonist gave up, so i arrested him because hopelessness is a crime in my colony.

When i recruited him back his icon did not appear at the top.

saved game and loaded it up again and his icon did appear at the top.

thanks great mod, i luvs it.

Shinzy

Heyooo Edbard!
edbster! edbie
uhh.. *ahem*

The colonist status bar thingy again =P The "smaller icons" helped alot!
but it's getting out of hand again ;D

Would the sort of 'hide' or 'minimize' button for them be
(or even let you arrange each colonist on their own separate bracket you could hide.. But that might be asking for too much =P Asking never hurts though, right!)

It's just cause I find the thing extremely useful for locating that specific colonist
so I really love to have it on all the time but then it takes lot of space again (I don't really say no to anyone, I need the cannon fodder) :-[

So it'd be swell if you'd have the option to hide/show it without having to go through the options everytime =P

That is all!

skullywag

I second a hide button toggle. would be an incredibly useful addition.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

Shinzy

Killaim

im not sure how i did it - one of my colonists died/vanished/something - but he remained on the colonist top bar this mod added.

but! there was a right click to remove this error and the colonist

this should so be a feature - so you can remove colonists you dont wanna keep track off. or add them in.

EdB

FYI, I've removed the mod attachment from the original post due to a forum issue that was resulting in a 404 error when trying to download.  Looks like there's something wrong with the forums that is preventing a new upload, so for the time-being, you'll need to use the dropbox link to download.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7549.msg76056#msg76056

EdB

Quote from: Shinzy on November 21, 2014, 05:57:41 AM
...it's getting out of hand again...
it'd be swell if you'd have the option to hide/show it without having to go through the options everytime =P

It's a good suggestion.  I'll try to come up with some kind of toggle button.  Wow, that's a lot of colonists!

Killaim

Quote from: Shinzy on November 21, 2014, 05:20:15 PM
Quote from: Igabod on November 21, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
holy crap! 112 colonists is insanity!
Aw it's not really that many! 5 of them are droids ::)

O.o

ive only gotten to 75...and the game was like going super laggy every time they ran out of stuff to do!

.. how do you handle that O.o

Shinzy

Quote from: Killaim on November 22, 2014, 05:57:21 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on November 21, 2014, 05:20:15 PM
Quote from: Igabod on November 21, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
holy crap! 112 colonists is insanity!
Aw it's not really that many! 5 of them are droids ::)

O.o

ive only gotten to 75...and the game was like going super laggy every time they ran out of stuff to do!

.. how do you handle that O.o

I used to get down by lag too But then I started using the EdB Interface! (Get it now!)
hehehe ;D no, I barely notice the lag unless I try to move around the screen while it's not paused so
I'm constantly building new stuff cause I really want to get the entire map populated
(The fights are the best part though =P 95% colonist defence action, 0% killboxing, 4% casualties, 110% fun)

(Sorry for the offtopic!)

Iwillbenicetou

Shinzy, did you really get that far, or did you use the Dev mode on top :P
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

EdB

This post is sort of an update on the current direction/state of development for the UI mod.  I'm still actively working on the mod, but I've definitely slowed development a bit.

I've added a poll to this post regarding one feature that I find that I never, ever use: the inventory panel.  I'd like to get a sense of whether or not anyone finds this useful.  It's a fun little feature, but if it turns out that nobody uses it, I might pull it out of the mod to save myself from maintaining it.  So if you use the mod and have a minute, I'd appreciate the feedback.

I've gotten a lot of great feature requests, and I'm actively working on these three new features:

• Copy-and-paste storage settings for stockpiles.
  • Context-specific buttons for when a stockpile is selected: add stockpile, remove stockpile, etc.
  • A toggle button for the colonist bar.

There are a class of more advanced features that I've decided not to work on for now.  These features would all require data to be saved with the map when you save your game, and unfortunately, I have not found a way to do this that I'm happy with.  There's a feature called a "map component" that I could use to save data, but it gets included automatically if the mod is enabled.  I really want to be able to save the data only if you use one of the features, since saving data forces you to have the mod enabled when you load the game back up.  In general, I've tried to avoid this--forcing you to have a UI mod enabled just because you had it enabled when you saved the game.  Hopefully, something will be added to the vanilla game that will let me feel better about pursing these types of features.  Here are some examples of features that I will not be adding for now.

• Change the order of colonists in the colonist bar or change whether or not colonists appear in the bar.
  • Change the priorities of your crafting tables.
  • Organize your colonists into squads, displayed in the colonist bar.
  • Grouping colonists and then binding your selections to a keyboard shortcut.

I've considered splitting this type of thing into a separate "advanced UI" mod--it could happen eventually, but for now the mod probably isn't going to see too many significant features added.

I appreciate all of the feature requests that I've gotten from everybody and all of the positive feedback!

Ded1

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 23, 2014, 04:24:26 PM
Shinzy, did you really get that far, or did you use the Dev mode on top :P

Eh, i play with dev mode on too all the time.  Even if im not gonna use it.  If you arent getting any decent events (or no raids at all) you then have the option to force it if you want, which is nice.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.