Using good psycast on allies causes penalty

Started by Alenerel, October 08, 2020, 07:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

I received a host with word of joy, I used it on himself and got a debuff. Even if I used it with my caster, it still shouldnt cause a debuff.

https://i.snipboard.io/e0NDFt.jpg

khun_poo

Word of join cause the target pawn to -30 consciousness along with joy buzz thought. So, it count as aggressive against allied and damage the relationship.

Alenerel

I could understand it if I did it with a non controllable character, like a caravan, but if the pawn is under my control the rules should change a bit. Maybe I want to skip him to save his life... And if he is not working at all, its only beneficial to cast word of joy on him.

khun_poo

They are a guest colonist. So, they will not abide to your colony's rule in some aspect. The point of the annoying royal visit quest is to test your colony hospitality. Using word of joy is like a mini surgical implant joywire on your guest. Be it your colonist or the guest themselves whom cast is the same. With enough minus to conscious, you could down him (smokeleaf joint combo).

By the way, if you want your guest to do something for your colony. You could use them to ready your mortar, meditate all day and use the psycast, or melee the mountain (manual mining :P).

Pheanox