Whole new level of AI raids

Started by Fruit loops, August 12, 2014, 05:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruit loops

In rimworld the raiders usually walk in to a huge mosh pit with no chance to survive what im proposing is a new level of smartness of AI raids that would only work or be applied to pirate bands or at least not tribes so here it go's
the raiders would have a person mine through the wall and come from behind you as a few of them went in to the mosh pit as a distraction or a grenadiers throwing grenades at a certain turret that would chain reactions the rest or even if they dropped on top of u and you walk outside your base so they would go through the mosh pit instead they would say screw you and go light your base on fire or when the raiders went to go destroy the turrets they wouldent stand next to them or if the were to go threw a mosh pit they would go around the blasting charges or others things that would explode or for the siegers they would firstly target your power source or batterys or even go for your crops/hydroponics or other thing that were the most important or maybe even a event that made a siegeing enemies combine with a raiding enemies (from same faction) for even more destruction or as for the raiders if a group of colonists were standing next to a turret the raider would shoot it
but what i want most of all (probably REALLY hard to do) i have allready mentioned it but imma say it again enemies that breach your walls and dont even go threw the mosh pit

this has probably been mentioned a bunch before but i NEED this lol
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

LuciferNZ

Id enjoy this level of AI, however I dont think its that simple.

Rather than charging your colony, and finding a valid path to it - the AI would need to analyze your base, and make priorities to certain areas, check for pathing, check for alternate routes, check for alternate non-clear routes (like tunnelling, or demolishing walls) - and I dont think the AI at the current moment does this (Correct me if wrong, but it seems this way).

I do a lot of AI coding myself (for games) - and its quite a workload, so Id imagine this would be looked at when other mechanics have been completed, rather than having to tweak it all the time.

fallonsky

I wonder if there can just be a heatmap of when the raiders are attacked. After the amount of shots in a square are too big that square will act like it takes twice as long to get across. After a few raids if theres just a death trap then raiders will see its much "faster" just to burn down the walls on the sides instead of going through a place where they have always died in.

Perhaps use it also in the grid system that ty talked about a while ago. The more raiders die / are first attacked in the area the more they avoid it