[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

Xubrim

Just starting trying the mod out a couple days ago; great work. The mod feels pretty complete, but the absence of some recipes I'm used to having kind of hurts. I'm not picky on where and if I get items back, but could you make a workstation destroy all weapon/grenade types, like the crematory does with clothing?

Either way, thanks again.

MelanisticAlbino

I love this mod! I really can't live without it. I'd love to see it updated with more features though, or at least future compatibility for alpha 7.

Kin0806

Hi!
I,m having a hard time finding sand in your mod! ( by hard time I mean I didn,t find any!)
Care to give me some pointers? Anyone? :)

sensiman

Quote from: Kin0806 on September 23, 2014, 04:30:06 PM
Hi!
I,m having a hard time finding sand in your mod! ( by hard time I mean I didn,t find any!)
Care to give me some pointers? Anyone? :)

look at stonecutter table,there is another bill to make sand (same at the powered working table)

CounterFact

Hey Abrexus. Love the mod and appreciate all the hard work you put into it so far.
Hope to hear something about this mod soon.
And if not, I still thank you for being able to play this great mod.

Dickhat

I'm really torn between this and Minami's.  :-\

Could someone point me the major differences? I tried using both and they seem very similar (didn't play a lot).

The thing Minami's has going ahead of Superior Crafting is the Clutter mod integration which is sick.

MelanisticAlbino

I tried both, they both have a lot of features, some of the my favorite features of superior crafting (like the nuclear-energy) doesn't exist in minami's and vice versa.

I liked superior crafting more because it feels more polished and it's less complicated. It feels more like a natural extension of the game, whereas minami's is radically different.. I didn't like the fact that you needed to make building tools, metal hearths etc... it just seemed like a pain in the ass to me.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I really hope this mod survives to later alpha's. Alpha 7 is going to be released soon but I haven't seen any signs of the authors posting here in a while. Is it dead?

Lucan

What i like more about Superior Crafting is, the items that get Added into the game looks more like they belong into it.
In TTM there are tons of items, some of them looks like they are pulled out of other games.

Coolpey

Communication seems to never work with me on this mod, I know what to do because I have played the game for months now but no traders ever come to the thing, any help?

Iwillbenicetou

Well, did you install correctly? (I'm geussing yes) And how long has it been. If you still have trouble, just dev cheat it in.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Romi

Nah there is no problems in this mod you just had bad luck.I tested it and everything is working.Think about tradeships come rarely if they would come often the game balance will broke.

AtoningUnifex

Just started trying out this mod. It's pretty good. Adds quite alot of new stuff which the game sorely needs. I'll make suggestions for improvements as I come across them.

The first thing that I think needs changing relates to the creation of AI Chips. I've just obtained automated turrets from Security III, however I just found out that I cannot actually create the required AI chips, and hence the turrets until I get the machining table, which looks like it's under Crafting IV. This seems disjointed to me. The implication of the Security III research is that it allows the creation of automated turrets, hence this should include the ability to create the required chips, however in reality I have to then research Crafting III and IV before it will unlock.

It seems to me that Security III should unlock the Machining table with just the AI Chip crafting option, or perhaps make it an AI specific research, allowing all AI related stuff (such as deconstruction of mechs) but no weapon manufacture.

At the very least I think that AI Chips should be on the same or earlier research level as automated turrets (so perhaps Crafting III to match Security III) - you really wouldn't be able to design an automated turret until you had a working AI!

AtoningUnifex

Oh yes there is one other thing; Electrical conductivity. I certainly get having conductive and non-conductive walls & doors but I don't see why any wall or door type cannot have a conductive counterpart - even fences. It's not hard to imagine burying a conduit underneath the wall, or embedding it into the wall, or even just hanging a cable on the wall! This mod is already pretty good in allowing mostly conductive walls, but there are only the powered doors that do it. I mainly create mountain complexes and I find that many places don't get electricity because a door doesn't conduct, and naturally I don't want to have all my doors powered for conservation reasons, basically I think that there should be doors that have conductivity but without being powered.

Perhaps make a metal (or other) floor type that conducts power. This could then be placed in any doorway to bridge the gap?

Also an observation on the cost of powered vs non-powered walls. It seems logical that a powered stone wall, for example, would cost the same as a normal stone wall (10 stone blocks) plus the cost of a power conduit (1 metal bar), however it actually costs 12 stone blocks. Just a minor point for realism!

CounterFact

Quote from: AtoningUnifex on September 30, 2014, 01:10:53 PM
Oh yes there is one other thing; Electrical conductivity. I certainly get having conductive and non-conductive walls & doors but I don't see why any wall or door type cannot have a conductive counterpart - even fences. It's not hard to imagine burying a conduit underneath the wall, or embedding it into the wall, or even just hanging a cable on the wall! This mod is already pretty good in allowing mostly conductive walls, but there are only the powered doors that do it. I mainly create mountain complexes and I find that many places don't get electricity because a door doesn't conduct, and naturally I don't want to have all my doors powered for conservation reasons, basically I think that there should be doors that have conductivity but without being powered.

Perhaps make a metal (or other) floor type that conducts power. This could then be placed in any doorway to bridge the gap?

Also an observation on the cost of powered vs non-powered walls. It seems logical that a powered stone wall, for example, would cost the same as a normal stone wall (10 stone blocks) plus the cost of a power conduit (1 metal bar), however it actually costs 12 stone blocks. Just a minor point for realism!

You can build powered doors, then turn their power off. But that's just a workaround, a conductive non-powered door would be a great idea.
It used to be so that a stone wall with power conducts would require 10 stone and 1 metal, but since colonists can only carry 1 material at the time, building stone walls would require too much labour and that's why they changed it I think.
About the crafting and security tech, I understand what you're trying to say, but the way it is now, the advanced turrets are shielded by a wall of tech, meaning that there's no 'quick' way to power through some tech and get advanced stuff. And if it were the case that you got Security III and not crafting, you can still buy them from a trader. If AI chips are easy to get, they would lose their status as a rare, hard to obtain object in the mid-game.