The Story of Lisa

Started by Panacea, May 04, 2021, 05:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panacea

WARNING, THIS IS LONG.

I have a lot of mods.  A. LOT.  So please don't expect me to remember what in this story is caused by a mod.  Probably everything lol.  I built a scenerio based off of this, if you're interested here's the link.  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198238828600/myworkshopfiles/?appid=294100

Amazingly, most of this happened via emergent storytelling on the part of Cassandra.  Commitment mode, Blood and Dust difficulty, Rich explorer start.  I used Prepare Carefully with point limits (for what it's worth) to create Lisa, and I took Trauma Savant as a brain medical condition.  I'm pretty sure Trauma Savant comes from Prepare Carefully, as all it really does is dump 1000 extra points on you to spend.  So Lisa was pretty cool from the start, but the condition rendered her deaf and dumb.  Basically, that means no training, no trading, no anything social that requires speech.  And I put her on the Sea Ice.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Not the Ice Sheet.  The Sea Ice, which literally has zero resources.  Here is her story. 

Lisa began as a pirate slave.  I'm guessing that accounts for her being a Trauma Savant (Cuz pirates be mean).  So let's say that something so awful was done to her it rendered her deaf and mute.  This gave her a certain disconnection from the cruelty of her world that allowed her to tolerate it, but also gave her plenty of mental space to think and to learn. 

So, I imagine that when she shows up on the Sea Ice in a drop pod with a ton of silver, gold, a charge rifle, and a long sword and all the other stuff that scenario gives you, that what must have happened is the pirate ship she lived aboard must have gotten into some kind of space battle, the chaos of which created enough confusion for her to try to escape.  But when she arrived at the escape pod, 2 pirates were already fighting over it with a number of bags of loot already stowed aboard.  The one with the charge rifle killed the other one who had a long sword, then turned to start up the craft.  Our Lisa crept up behind him, picking up the dead man's sword as she went.  She dispatched of the other pirate then was fired in the drop pod in whatever direction the pirate ship was facing before she had a chance to input a heading. 

The reason I came up with that particular back story is because of what happened when she got to the planet.  Lisa was able to quickly craft a shack out of the 2000 silver she had, and she used the steel and components to get power enough to get a heater going.  After a couple of days of nothing happening, the AI finally threw a miracle my way.  A "space battle" event.  If you don't know what that is (cuz it's probably from a mod), it's basically a rare event that drops dozens of ship chunks, steel slag chunks, some random resources, and a dozen or so pawns 70%/30% ratio of dead/injured.

This gave me enough resources to get more power and electronics going for plenty of hydroponics and such, so Lisa was feeling charitable and decided to rescue the 4 injured out of the dozen or so bodies.  She nursed them back to health and they ALL joined (they could have left the map but they didn't). 

Slowly, over the course of the next quadrant, random events kept sending more joiners my way (and reconditioned pirate captives from raids, I guess they were trying to get her back?), until Lisa the deaf mute had herself a cult of seven.  Of course I made her psychic, as one of Cassandra's random gifts from the heavens was a neuro...something.  I don't remember what the tech that gives you powers is called.  The cult thrived for a total of 5 years before they were all sadly killed by a big herd of muffalo who were crossing my little patch of sea ice.  I got greedy and hunted more of them than I needed so the whole damn herd turned maddened and slaughtered everyone.  Oh well, that's rimworld for you. But the beginning was cool!
Anyone who takes what I say personally is a f$%@ing idiot.

m1st4x

Nice little story with a sad but funny ending ;D
You've to take it as it comes.
Commitment mode is important - prevents you from reloading  ;)

Panacea

Quote from: m1st4x on May 06, 2021, 03:56:21 AM
Nice little story with a sad but funny ending ;D
You've to take it as it comes.
Commitment mode is important - prevents you from reloading  ;)

Yeah, you could say I have a love/hate relationship with commitment mode.  I love to choose commitment mode and I always eventually come to hate the dumb b*tch who chose commitment mode lol. 
Anyone who takes what I say personally is a f$%@ing idiot.

RedPine

Sequels require having survivors.  In my latest playthroughs, I've started to adopt the mentality that abandoning my tile is preferably to wipeout.  Doesn't work so well on sea ice, but most biomes are at least survivable even for Naked Brutality.

Easier said than done, ofc, greed still gets to me a lot!