Meals - Increasing longevity?

Started by arigon2001, August 15, 2014, 07:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arigon2001

I tried doing a quick search and was not able to find any links discussing how we can change the amount of time our "meals" are good for. I remember having the all in the one mod in my Beta 5 which included all meals to virtually have no time limit of when it had to be eaten. Was a great help when trying to support a colony of 30, let alone over 60. :)

Anyone know how I can make the same change while waiting for the latest update?

Cheers!

Neurotoxin

[Rimworld directory]/mods/core/defs/thingdefs/items_meals.xml

you're looking for the tag <ticksBeforeSpoil>

UrbanBourbon

1 tick = 1/60 seconds
For the packaged survival meal it's 80000000 ticks, so copy that or do some meth. Uhh, math.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 15, 2014, 08:24:26 AM
1 tick = 1/60 seconds
For the packaged survival meal it's 80000000 ticks, so copy that or do some meth. Uhh, math.

I didn't know how long the tick was myself otherwise I'd have posted it. Guess it never came up before, good to know though.

arigon2001

Quote from: Neurotoxin on August 15, 2014, 08:32:29 AM
Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 15, 2014, 08:24:26 AM
1 tick = 1/60 seconds

I didn't know how long the tick was myself otherwise I'd have posted it. Guess it never came up before, good to know though.

Will do! (the meth erm math!!)

Thanks all and cheers!  8)

UrbanBourbon

Waaaait. Turns out there are two different types of ticks, Normal and Rare.
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/ThingDef
tickerType: Normal (60 Ticks a second), Rare (1 Tick every 4.17 seconds or 1 tick every 250 normal ticks)
Meals use the 'Rare' version, as it is actually mentioned at the top of the Items_meals.xml file.

arigon2001

It's all good UrbanBourbon, I've made the appropriate changes and my food stuff has the desired "longevity" for my colonists. However I've found myself utilizing the nutrient paste from another mod and food stuff meals as a backup in case of power failure so my colonists don't go hungry. :D