Crashing at startup

Started by chaospheonix, July 20, 2021, 03:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaospheonix

Hi,

I have played and enjoyed the game many times before with no issue, but after getting the ideology dlc today, when I start the game from steam, a window pops up with the game logo and red exclamation mark.  I followed instructions from other posts (unsubscribed from all mods, uninstalled the game and deleted all folders, updated graphics driver, restarted computer and steam, and reinstalled game) to no avail.  I will attach the player log and dxdiag, hopefully it can clear up whatever is causing the crash.  Thank you. 

Edit:  Was not in any beta, went back to 1.2 version and it works, so something with the current version of the game is causing issues and crashing.

wryles

I've been having the same issue. It started with the 1.3 preview and unfortunately has continued with the 1.3 release. I did all the same things you've done and haven't had any luck either :(

chaospheonix

Disregard this, I found the fix.  For anyone wondering, go to this post https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0 and go to line 4, download the  Delete_RimWorld_Registry_entries.reg file and run it.  Hopefully it will fix any issues with crashing in 1.3.

wryles

^^^^ this! I just did this as well and we are live now!

chaospheonix

Awesome!  Enjoy my friend, I wish you the best of luck in your survival :)

wryles

Looks like whenever I close and reopen the game I'm getting the issue again intul I run the registry editor.

wryles

If I disable fullscreen mode after launching it it will successfully re-launch in windows. Seems for some reason launching in full screen, possible on an external monitor is causing the crash. Interestingly adding -windowed to steam launch options doesn't allow it to launch.

EDIT: It is the external monitor. If I close it full screen on my laptops built in monitor it will launch fine. It only crashes after being closed while fullscreen on my external monitor.

chaospheonix

Strange, I'm not having that issue, and am using an external monitor as well.  Maybe a restart?