[1.3.3066] Infinite Styling Station Loop

Started by Rostli, July 21, 2021, 01:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rostli

While playing as an Animal Personhood / Nature Primary ideoligion in the Rich Explorer scenario, my only colonist got the Look Change Desired mood debuff (wants to remove his beard). To remedy this, I quickly built a styling station and he automatically started using it. I saw the progress bar complete several times, while my pawn randomly cycled through haircuts. After forcing him to stop, and manually trying to remove his beard, my pawn was still stuck in that styling station loop.

Arthropod

I am experiencing a similar bug in 1.3.3069. I assigned a colonist to change and dye their hair and to dye their visage mask. He got stuck in a loop of continually running back to grab dye and go to the styling station over and over, but neither his hair nor mask ever changed color. I eventually had to assign him to eat food because he started starving and manually changing tasks did break the loop.

Unlike OP he was not a lone explorer, though. I am in year 3 with the standard crash landing start.

TheUnspeakable

I can confirm this on 3069.  The pawn got the desire to change their appearance and they just never stop using the stylist bench.  I can still give them right click orders and still draft them, but as soon as they are done, if there is still a stylist station around, they go right back.  I even had them pass out and wake back up to continue.

Porter

having this problem this morning, v3069b
two pawns stuck in loop desiring to change appearance and they just never stop using the workbench.  i can assign them to a task but they'll just go back to the bench afterwards.  They'll keep using it until the are exhausted, fall asleep on the floor and go back to it after eating when they wake up.  Mood drops and they'll break, wander or trash stuff, and go into the same loop again.

Mr_Fission

Arthropod

I should note that a later attempt with the same pawn worked, and other attempts have worked. I changed his style to the same thing I had attempted before when he got stuck in the loop. I'm not sure what was different the second time (I know that's not useful for recreating it).

zgrssd

Fixed in 3071:
EDIT: Saturday night/Sunday morning, I pushed a quick update to 1.3.3071. This fixes a single bug where pawns would get stuck at the styling station.

tsmt1001

It still appears to be an issue with 1.3.3080. A colonist would decide to change his or her look, proceed to the station and then cycle through looks there until they collapse from exhaustion.

dhakkel

Quote from: tsmt1001 on August 04, 2021, 02:19:16 PM
It still appears to be an issue with 1.3.3080. A colonist would decide to change his or her look, proceed to the station and then cycle through looks there until they collapse from exhaustion.
Any mods? I know there was/is(?) a bug with the auto-styling mod if you have multiple styling benches, for instance.

tsmt1001

I have mods, but none related to styling or auto styling.

zgrssd

Quote from: tsmt1001 on August 04, 2021, 03:17:25 PM
I have mods, but none related to styling or auto styling.
Turn off all mods, especially the ones that could not possibly be the cause for it.

It takes one modder having copied a old version of a core file and forgotten it to keep old bugs.