Colony on starting screen

Started by Dr. Z, August 15, 2014, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

Although this is nothing new (just looked at starting screen of Alpha 5) and some of you may know I just discovered that there is actually a build colony on the starting screen, so I thought I have to show this.

It's right in the middle of the picture, forgot to highlight it but I think it's clear.
Sorry to those of you already knowing this but I was just really fascinated of this right now^^
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shinzy

Literally the first thing I noticed!
looks more of an ancient ruins to me

and with the actual stone ruins in game
I'm really hoping Tynan is going somewhere with this =P

Exacavating stuff could be really intriguing
I remember the first "Unearthed hidden zone" or whatever those messages say
I was so exited for the brief moment until I saw it was just about 2 by 4 stone square =P

Billy Rueben

I thought that was the ship you crashed landed from.

Fernbhoy

the mean the ruins just south of the northern poles snow with a road leading off it.

Gu1l7y5p4rk

If you look in the dark side of the planet, you'll notice that there is light. I would bet that the planet has already been colonized...

Tynan

Glad you're noticing the details :)

You could never see a colony; that structure isn't one. It must be hundreds of kilometers wide at least. And yes, it's ancient ruins.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Celthric Aysen

could be the raiders camps or maybe the mechanoids hive.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

wolfman1911

My assumption is that the mechanoids are the remaining caretakers/defenders of some long dead civilization. I would suspect that ruin is part of that civilization. What the lights are in the darkness, though, I have no idea. The various raider camps and off worlder towns, maybe?

stefanstr

Quote from: Tynan on August 15, 2014, 09:39:21 PM

You could never see a colony; that structure isn't one. It must be hundreds of kilometers wide at least. And yes, it's ancient ruins.

Now that would be an interesting „biome“ to land in: like landing in the ruins of Machu Picchu. How do you feel about adding something like that to at least some world maps?

vagineer1

Quote from: Tynan on August 15, 2014, 09:39:21 PM

I would love to have some sort of story driven campaign mode for Rimworld. Discovering the ruins and it's secrets.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Sprayer2708

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 22, 2014, 07:40:05 AM
I would love to have some sort of story driven campaign mode for Rimworld. Discovering the ruins and it's secrets.

Rimworld - Adventure mode

Lost Cause

Aren't those lights on the left side of the planet in the shadow of the world?
Wouldn't that indicate activity of some sort which my well be multiple colonies?
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Bodog999

Mechs probably have nightvision already build in their eyes :P those light can be from piratecamps or mayby lava? I know its not implemented but the planet probably has geological activity otherwise there wouldnt be an atmosphere :P