[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

Quote from: SundayTuesday on February 13, 2015, 11:52:33 PM
Quote from: EBM on February 13, 2015, 11:07:58 PM
Seeing a trio of Orion MBTs pop out of a crashed ship part alongside mechanoids early in the game is both hilarious and disturbing. Intended?

I feel like it isn't Replicator Horde did it too.

Wow, that is rather strange. There shouldn't be any reason for them to spawn there. Perhaps the spaceship event spawns pawns that have an ultra level of tech. I find that rather illogical however.

Quote from: Vonholtz on February 13, 2015, 07:40:44 PM
Not sure if this has been pointed out yet or not. Some Pirates dropped in to the map to besiege my colony. They brought all the making for the auto firing mortars. But did not bring any power with them to run the mortars.

Also on a Cassandra game with casual level setting. About 10 days in to the game I had 4 colonist and 2 turrets. And 80 replicators drop on to the map. They ran me over and there was no way in hell I could have done any thing about it. It was way to many for that early in the game. I am getting the same thing with some of the other factions from other mods. Like I have the imperial guard mod and the orks show up few days after I land with 4 attackers then the next time they show up few days later there 40 of them.( likely the way it would be in WH40K.) But before I added in the Glitter tech they come with a slower progression. Now after Glitter tech it come fast and with much greater numbers. Now 40 orks I can deal with but I will lose people and like lose the next time anyone attacks. But no mater how easy it is to kill replicators over orks 80 is way to many.

I am not sure if this is some thing to do with just your mod or how your mod works with the others. I did not see numbers like this till I put on and started a new game with the Glitter tech mod. All be it the orks go up fast in numbers it never been a jump of 4 to 40 before.  :)

If you have other mods that are having issues then there is no way for me to solve your problem. Each faction is configured separately, and spawn pawns based off of a point system, which I have balanced with the rest of my mod, but not any other mod. My mod is hard, and intended to be. If you wanted to build a nice open colony, instead of a bunker in a cliff, or something equivalent, then play on the easiest setting.

Vonholtz

LoL trust me I am not realy complaining about the numbers. I am new to the game so I think I know now what I did to make the numbers run so high now. More to the point of my post was the first part. About the Pirates trying to besiege my colony with auto mortars with out power. It think the auto firing mortars are in your mod? And they should not be used by attacks who don't have power to run them.

EBM

Quote from: Sam_ on February 15, 2015, 04:58:59 AM
Wow, that is rather strange. There shouldn't be any reason for them to spawn there. Perhaps the spaceship event spawns pawns that have an ultra level of tech. I find that rather illogical however.

It's happened several times now with mechanoid ship parts. Since using this mod I haven't had one without an MBT. Usually three spawn, sometimes one. A small number of Replicators do as well, all friendly to each other. However, once a separate landing of Replicators occurred and did fight with the MBTs normally.

At one point an MBT also spawned onto the map as any wildlife would. Orion wasn't hostile to me in that game, so it was no danger to my colonists. It wandered around randomly and fired at anything hostile to it that happened to pass by.

I'm guessing the ship part issue stems from its race being treated as a mechanoid in Races_Tank, but I've no idea why it would spawn like a muffalo.

Sam_

Quote from: EBM on February 15, 2015, 01:33:11 PM

It's happened several times now with mechanoid ship parts. Since using this mod I haven't had one without an MBT. Usually three spawn, sometimes one. A small number of Replicators do as well, all friendly to each other. However, once a separate landing of Replicators occurred and did fight with the MBTs normally.

At one point an MBT also spawned onto the map as any wildlife would. Orion wasn't hostile to me in that game, so it was no danger to my colonists. It wandered around randomly and fired at anything hostile to it that happened to pass by.

I'm guessing the ship part issue stems from its race being treated as a mechanoid in Races_Tank, but I've no idea why it would spawn like a muffalo.

Yes, something rather funky has occurred. Perhaps I can patch it out, but it sounds like a mix of many different factors, like other mods and old worlds.

As to the mortars, like the MBT issue, there's nothing in the XML that should be allowing this to occur. Perhaps I missed something. Look for a 0.85 in future.

popster99

Quote from: Sam_ on February 15, 2015, 02:26:52 PM
Quote from: EBM on February 15, 2015, 01:33:11 PM

Yes, something rather funky has occurred. Perhaps I can patch it out, but it sounds like a mix of many different factors, like other mods and old worlds.

As to the mortars, like the MBT issue, there's nothing in the XML that should be allowing this to occur. Perhaps I missed something. Look for a 0.85 in future.
so i had a base and for no reason orion corp went hostile then sent a giant raid of 10 tanks 50 people and 5 mtbs the worst part was i had only 6 people with only weapons for 3 of them

seadderkrupp

Im either half asleep still or missing it again sorry - but do you have to buy ethanol only or can you make it on a crafting table i have yet to research? Thanks.

Sam_

Ethanol comes from using berries in the electrolyzer.

Quoteso i had a base and for no reason orion corp went hostile then sent a giant raid of 10 tanks 50 people and 5 mtbs the worst part was i had only 6 people with only weapons for 3 of them

10 tanks and 5 MBTs? How strange...

There are a bunch of strange bugs occuring lately. None of which I ever ran into, so I'm guessing they are involved with other mods. It may be that, but there should be no reason they randomly become hostile.

Vonholtz

Question about the titanium windows. Do they do any thing other then look nice. I mean do they let in light or lessen cabin fever? or some thing. I like the way they look so I like using them I just was not sure if they had other property?

Sam_

There is a tag within XMLs for any structure about blocking light. Sadly, the ambient world lighting, sunlight, doesn't count as this, so it only work with light sources.

bullet

Install the latest update - seems like additional extended surgery (carbon legs\arms and bionic exoskeleton doesn't appears in the body update dropdown list (crafted vanilla bionic arm\leg works correctly) Maybe some another also, but not tested yet  :(

Dragoon

Quote from: bullet on February 18, 2015, 01:48:55 PM
carbon legs\arms and bionic exoskeleton

Arent those from cybernetic storm?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Sam_

Snownova

Asfalto

seadderkrupp

Any way to get the Zombie mod to work with this? As seems the Glittertech overwites the faction defs etc of the zombie mod. Also If using the Cybernetic storm, have to put the Humanoid recipes from that into the GT one or starting colonists are incapable of accepting any cybernetics.