[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

Fixed.

The updated has reverted to an old method that requires linking directly to the human RaceDef. There will be a few incompatibilities with surgery mods until it's fixed or another solution is found.

However my mod should work with other surgery mods henceforth. Let me know if it does not.

potter3390

Wonderfull mod, one thing to update, is the use of power, the new benches only consume power when use. Are your benchs are very power hungry.

Sam_

Quote from: potter3390 on August 03, 2016, 07:24:35 AM
Wonderfull mod, one thing to update, is the use of power, the new benches only consume power when use. Are your benchs are very power hungry.

That is why my mod adds better power generation.

fuso

Hi,
I think this is a fantastic mod that adds plenty of late-game content. However, it is presently too easy to get too powerful bonuses via this mod.

Most notably, I recently played a highly-nerfed low-tech game where one struggled even with iron and wood; but as soon as I got hands on this mod's equipment and augmentations, one was rolling in resources. The most outstanding of these are the speed-skin suits - which for a measly 3600 silver provides 5x speed. This makes no sense - especially as a 4x speed increase is far better than gaining 4 new pawns; as you'll use the equip on the most crucial, highly skilled, pawns; do not have to accommodate living, food, defense space etc. Frankly, if the bonus had been a mere 50% and not 400%, I would still have gotten it for every pawn. Similarly, if the cost had been ten times as great, it would be one of the highest priorities. I had similar experiences with other items and augmentations, such as the cybernetics and fibre skin suit, but if any one item is far overpowered and game-breaking, it's the nano speed skins. Unfortunately, in that game, because it instantly turned to easy street, I had to nerf the speed skin to a 50% bonus, and I still see it as the most sought-after trading item.

What are others' impressions of the bonuses added by this mod? Perhaps I have missed something.

Lem Wright

Would a version of this that doesn't add weapons be possible, or a compatibility patch for Combat Realism?

123nick

i think the OC rifle is a bit OP, it can deal tons of damage in a single burst with amazing accuracy, and it can fire bursts very quickly. i think if u doubled the time between bursts, it might be more balanced.

solidspoon

love the mod, thought i would just give some feedback.

My first few encounters with commandos ripped me a new A**H**E, took me a while to get a grip on proper tactics and the ability to take down without taking mega brain damage from the mirror universe where stormtroopers hit their targets...

once the first encounter has been dealt with. you now wield the power of greyskull destroying any neanderthal that wonders into your neighborhood.

this does make it a slight bit boring until the next encounter with.... them.

which brings me to a thought, i am not very tech savvy with code and that but is there a way to make weapons scale able or make them locked so they can not be used until a certain weapon level is reached or researched, the same for armor?

ians1983

Love the mod, just managed to get all of the mats for my matter fabricator and then it bugs out and wont build even though all of the mats are in place it says needs materials. any advise? thanks

akkristor

Quote from: ians1983 on August 08, 2016, 08:02:47 AM
Love the mod, just managed to get all of the mats for my matter fabricator and then it bugs out and wont build even though all of the mats are in place it says needs materials. any advise? thanks

EDIT:  Sorry, i mis-read your post.  I thought you were talking about the bugged recipe, not building the fabricator itself.  Not sure about that.

The filter on the fabricator is wrong  (For the produce plasteel recipe).

It's filtered to only allow Plasteel as a component, when it needs Titanium and Silicon instead.
In the Defs\RecipeDefs folder, edit Recipes_AdvancedProduction.xml
find the group for Produce Plasteel (should be about 127 lines down).

change
<fixedIngredientFilter>
  <thingDefs>
<li>Plasteel</li>
  </thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>

to
<fixedIngredientFilter>
  <thingDefs>
<li>Titanium</li>
  <li>Silicon</li>
  </thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>

MMAciek

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

mikeytheking06

would love to see a Combat Realism patch for the guns in the mod.

Ser Kitteh

I must be missing something here because I only have the most basic of things that I'm able to craft. How do I build most of this stuff? Where do I get the more rare metals?

GenericUsername

Is it just me or Orion Corp raids are insanely unbalanced?

At a point when the usual pirate raid was 5/6 poorly equipped dudes with molotovs and clubs Orion corp sent 2 tanks and 30+ infantry in heavy armour with autocannons and automatic long range rocket launchers...

EDIT: This is impossible. 
The tanks shrug off everything I have, the infantry has a 180% movement speed bonus, their autocannons one shot my colonists while they can just eat multiple full salvos from survival rifles and a couple charge rifles with minimal damage.
Their guns are so powerful that one or two bursts destroy any cover I hide behind alongside my colonists.

EDIT 2:Screw this.
I've tried so many times, even if I manage to kill most of them, once the tanks reach my troops I just lose because they barely get scratched by my strongest guns.
I'll just cheat and delete them.

Althalen

Hi.
I have problem with the research part.
I want to research a "Research Locker" but it requires a "Research Locker" as prerequisite.
How can I solve this?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/EK1SugB.png

Sam_

This has been a point discussed often, so perhaps I should put a notice somewhere, Orion Corp are extremely powerful, yet not over powered because that implies it was not by design.

You tried to fight a late game faction instead of using your silver to make them neutral, or if they raided you before you had a comms console; you fought a well equipped modern army with a bolt action rifle and machine guns from three thousand years ago. This is intentional to encourage different tactics. What could you do to avoid getting annihilated next time?

You can lay traps, use a kill box, use other mods to assist or perhaps just hide in a distant cave while they burn your colony down, even if you have to sacrifice Joe, your cook with dementia and a bad back. This is intended to be a difficult experience. Another option I may suggest is reducing the game difficulty to basebuilder if the above solutions are not acceptable.