[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

123nick

i have a neat suggestion, maybe make a workbench capable of turning beta poly and alpha poly and maybe even stuff like steel, titanium, etc, into textile versions, so one can make ULTRA strong beta poly parkas

asquirrel

Quote from: Canute on January 19, 2017, 03:15:28 PM
Not sure if it a mod conflict or a design mistake.
Pawn with a APB-1 rifle/pistol allways wear shields. I don't own other glitter weapons so far so i don't know if it with other weapons too. But this happen with vanilla weapons.
Ofcouse he can't even shoot with that shields.

On a related note, is there a way to stop gun people from grabbing shields.  A soon as on is in inventory they take it.  Then I have to bring them to the stockpile and have them drop it.   Thanks for the info!! :)

mason_water

Quote from: Sam_ on December 24, 2016, 03:25:41 AM
Navigate to AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves or "Rimworld by LudeonStudios\Saves" and find the save you wish to keep and open it in notepad or notepad++.

Find the <factionManager> field and replace it with the entire <factionManager> field from a newer save with a working comms console (just generate a new world with factions then delete afterward), if you wish to keep the names of the generated factions you can manually copy and paste <name> fields from the old data to the new data. The same goes with the <goodwill> fields.

just tried this and it does not work! thanks for the try though, your the only person who has even tried to help with it as far as i can tell

goldsworthy87

Any chance of adding crafting for the skin suits to the mod?

Smexy_Vampire

it would be cool if you could use hippos misc map gen to make the commando and orin corp bases like some of your screenshot base you used on the various forms . also it would be nice to visit them and trade as thats the new big thing in a16 so we could buy some uniqe items form them and some of the general items

asquirrel

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on February 06, 2017, 06:52:47 PM
it would be cool if you could use hippos misc map gen to make the commando and orin corp bases like some of your screenshot base you used on the various forms . also it would be nice to visit them and trade as thats the new big thing in a16 so we could buy some uniqe items form them and some of the general items

Speaking of Hippos, we need someone to make hippos for Rimworld. :)

Razieal

First of all, love the mod, and after an extensive play in A16 these are my thoughts.

-The strength of Blast doors doesn't make sense, being stronger then a normal door is nice, but the fact that a solid wall of the same material is less then half the strength of the blast door just seemed odd, raider sappers just ignore the door and go through the 3 layer titanium walls because the blast door would take longer...  I wouldn't mind a higher costing reinforced wall that could match it or something like that? possibly a reinforced roof (not even sure if that's possible)

-Wish i could craft nano-suits, or some of the really cool armor (I think it's glitter tech, correct me if I'm wrong here), or some kind of armor using the Alpha/Beta Polly, the speed or fiber suits.

-Not sure if it's the recycle mod I'm using but the Orion gear breaks down into thin air, does it not have defined source materials?  Also could you adjust the Orion exo-skeleton to be torso not spine? so it can be used with a bionic spine?

Keep up the good work!

GreatAlucard

I agree with everything in the last post plus crafting of the weapons/armor in the mod.

Plus, both alpha and beta poly need a serious rebalance, they currently feel extremely out of place. It is too hard and expensive to produce for the benefits it creates, they pretty much can only be used in structures, furniture and melee weapons (where they are used in VERY high numbers already). Admittedly, they are very strong, with a lot of HP when built with, but the amount of resources/time used to create them make their use doubtful at best. It does look like that atm they're only placeholders, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Smexy_Vampire

idea to add crafible gliter teck bionics. use the origonal base game ones and add some megnetic pices and microchipts to them with high work load ?

allso posability for nano armo and speed suits can add silicon and some other thing and uses one of the benches

Stage

I really like the concept of glitter tech, but the mod needs some refinement.

In my opinion the biggest flaw: the weapons. I really like the armor, suits and don't mind the bionics, but the weapons are way too op. If you get raided by pirates/an enemy faction in the middle of the game, you have a good chance to survive. Not with OC with their weapons attacking you. Same is for the lategame and the incredible mercenary raiders.
And If against all odds you manage to survive a raid, nothing threatens you anymore because of all those incredible op weapons

I ended up removing the weapons from the pawn list, so they spawn with vanilla (and Rimfire weapons, I love that mod). After that change, Glitter Tech is much more enjoyable.

rixie_pakuna

Is there a way to make Dye Vat so we can dye devilstrand and synthread as well as just plain cloth? I'm willing to do the legwork, but lack the technical know-how to mess with real code. (XML files are no problem, but beyond that, I'm fairly lost.)

Sinner

Has anyone made a weaponless and armorless version of this mod that I can get?  (glitter tech mod) xD

smoke_th

I have a suggestion. Late-game nanotech. A bench which consumes about 15 mW of power, and uses a lot of computing power to control nano-assembly line.
From the instruments:

• Body restoration kit: an advanced drug-like (by use) substance which is used to heal old scars and instantly defeat most of the known infections
  • Alpha poly coating: a process which coats any type of stone brick in alpha poly, giving it 1/6th of pure alpha poly strength
  • Michaelium: extremely powerful ai (full ai core) powered 1 time nano kit which is used to completely rid body of luciferium addiction
  • And rest of the items - speedskin suit production, OC Defense production, abp rifle production etc

nefarian11

The author said he was going to rebalance and change some stuff around, but it's been REALLY long since any change was made to the mod. The mod is being updated tho, which probably means this mods is in a "mainteinance" status atm

esuna114

Hi guys,
I have trouble finding some titanium with A16. As mods I have Zhentar's fix, caravan spot, EPOE and Prepare carefully.
Found only 8 Titanium so far and don't even remember where, it was at the beginning of the game.
I am around day 190, I digged a lot around, found everything but titanium, I have never seen a black market trader either.
Also titanum weapons are not smeltable or recyclabe? I tried to smelt a titanium knife with no success.

Thanks a lot for your advices :)