[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Bodog999

I've found a way to keep your colony! All you have to do is to create a new world with the same seed you used to create the world you are playing in now! :D IT WORKS!!!! The old world will get overwritten and you'll get the new one with other factions !INCLUDING! the combat faction and you dont even have to restart your colony! :D

Iwillbenicetou

So guys, REMEMBER your seeds! So you can start in the same place!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Sam_ on September 02, 2014, 08:49:06 AM
Quote from: Sam_ on August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

• Note: factions are created when the WORLD is created (not the colony) so new factions added will not exist in current saves. To experience the Commandos faction you need a new world. A future version may resolve this.

I DID THAT ALREADY! Wait....I think you may need to add it to the faction list because I don't think they will spawn if they are not on it

Iwillbenicetou

They're on it. I spawned a couple in while testing...

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 02, 2014, 10:03:47 PM
Ok its working...wait how did you spawn in commandos?

Iwillbenicetou

...cheats... I won't tell you in canse you get corrupted like me. In dev cheats you can spawn pawn.

Sam_

Yes, they are certainly in the game. The faction is as well, but it is a hidden faction much like the space refugees, or the mech faction. If you don't mind touching xmls go into factonDefs->CommandoFactionDefs then removing the line <hidden>true</hidden>.

If anyone does get a raid by the Commando faction I would love to here when it happened, how many there were and what weapons they had. They also siege too, but the incident is hard coded, so I can't change the mortars and sandbags.

Quote from: Bodog999 on September 02, 2014, 10:45:10 AM
I've found a way to keep your colony! All you have to do is to create a new world with the same seed you used to create the world you are playing in now! :D IT WORKS!!!! The old world will get overwritten and you'll get the new one with other factions !INCLUDING! the combat faction and you dont even have to restart your colony! :D

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to add this to the main post.

Zeta Omega

I caught a commando....his recruit difficulty is 100....doesn't that mean impossible to recruit.....

Sam_

I'm not sure if it does, I haven't seen how it's implemented. But, I would set it to impossible anyway, because a commando should be trained never to give in.

Zeta Omega

Ok then, time to starve him to death, its so much more satisfying the execution

smitj045

Is there any way to alter the number of commandos that attack? I had a group of over twenty drop on my colony. Not the best wakeup call.

Zeta Omega

Quote from: smitj045 on September 04, 2014, 11:15:52 AM
Is there any way to alter the number of commandos that attack? I had a group of over twenty drop on my colony. Not the best wakeup call.
Would you prefer the mechanoid screech instead with a crashed ship part carrying 20+ centipedes

smitj045

Quote from: Zeta Omega on September 04, 2014, 04:21:36 PM
Quote from: smitj045 on September 04, 2014, 11:15:52 AM
Would you prefer the mechanoid screech instead with a crashed ship part carrying 20+ centipedes

Honestly? Yeah. At least mechanoids take a while to get a shot off and their heavy hitters are slow as hell. These commandos overran my colony before I could pull anyone into anything even resembling a defense.

Sam_

I haven't found any values to limit the number of pawns that start in an incident. Nor does there seem to be a way currently to fully control incidents, so I can only make the commandos mimic pirate raids or sieges. I'll look into possible solutions, otherwise perhaps I'll keep adding better defenses, to fend off those super-humans.

Bodog999

Quote from: Zeta Omega on September 02, 2014, 10:41:55 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 02, 2014, 10:03:47 PM
Ok its working...wait how did you spawn in commandos?
Developer console you can activate it in your options