[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

Quote from: MisterLock on October 22, 2014, 07:41:11 AM
v0.7 should be a total overhaul of what I have here.

As in actually adding those tiers of enemies and weapons that you said you were to lazy to add?
Also can I please adres a minor annoyance?All the damn light walls,each single wall has it's own slot into the building sistem...Now I wouldn't had minded that so much with the old construction sistem without the stuff but now it's just way to cluttered...basically having like 3 building contruction for all the materials and then having 10 more individual ones for the walls with lights.

Unfortunately the structure of the new resource system doesn't work like that. You have resource definitions that add to the list of resources, then all items that can be "made from stuff" or made using a resource like that can use it. There's no way to compact the lights into a list as each wall piece needs it's own definition.
It's built the same way as the vanilla lights. Which aren't in a list, sorry.

As in actually adding those tiers of enemies and weapons that you said you were to lazy to add?

You are more then free to implement the enemies and weapons in your own mod, otherwise my mod is not subject to anyone's impatience.

MisterLock

Quote from: Sam_ on October 23, 2014, 10:54:10 AM
You are more then free to implement the enemies and weapons in your own mod, otherwise my mod is not subject to anyone's impatience.

Oh don't take it like that Sam,I think I came of rude there,I really didn't want to,I was just repeating what you said...I mean in the end you yourself said you were lazy to add them...I appreciate all the work you put into this mod,especially since I've been having fun with it.
To each his own.

Sam_

Quote from: MisterLock on October 23, 2014, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: Sam_ on October 23, 2014, 10:54:10 AM

Oh don't take it like that Sam,I think I came of rude there,I really didn't want to,I was just repeating what you said...I mean in the end you yourself said you were lazy to add them...I appreciate all the work you put into this mod,especially since I've been having fun with it.

No need to apologize. I perhaps came off offended there. It was more intended as a disclaimer for the entire thread.

Weyrling

This mod is pretty great, but I was surprised when my first enemy attack was a commando drop and nano armor seems impervious to the starting weapons (a pump shotgun I bought nicked one of them, resulting in them disintegrating him and his cover in a hail of plasma, he was literally hiding behind a stone wall, didn't work), they steamrolled my improvised turrets, murdered several people and generally acted with impunity, they only retreated after they accidentally murdered one of their own guys, but they still kidnapped two of my colonists.
I lost half my colony in one swoop, but on the bright side after they killed their own guy I have some nano armor and an APB-1 for myself.

Definitely an interesting challenge, having them show up as the first hostiles was an exercise in trying to get them to shoot eachother, which was fun, in a way.

All this Fun and I haven't even gotten into the research stage yet.

BinaryBlackhole

I came up with some more weapons the fusion cutter basically a advanced sword. As well as plasma cannon basically a advanced flamethrower, biohazard grenades  does toxic damage and  the lighting rod weaker version of standard gun in this mod but does electrical damage to deal with those pesky mechanoids

doujinftw

Um how come the blast door only have 150 health while titanium auto door is 525 health is this a bug?

Dragoon

blast doors are made of thick steel white titanium doors are made out of thick titanium (titanium is much stronger than steel)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Jdalt40

Hey just asking but can you buy the Glitterworld armour from traders like you can do with other apparel?

Weyrling

Quote from: Joshy1111 on October 31, 2014, 08:17:41 PM
Hey just asking but can you buy the Glitterworld armour from traders like you can do with other apparel?
From Black Market traders, yes.

doujinftw

Quote from: Dragoon on October 31, 2014, 06:36:35 AM
blast doors are made of thick steel white titanium doors are made out of thick titanium (titanium is much stronger than steel)
Um did you even try to make the blast door it use one magnetic coil and titaniums which is way more costly to make than regular door and in it description the blast door should be an upgrade version that withstand more damage otherwise there no point in researching it in the first place.

Dragoon

Um did you even try to make the blast door it use one magnetic coil and titaniums which is way more costly to make than regular door and in it description the blast door should be an upgrade version that withstand more damage otherwise there no point in researching it in the first place.
[/quote]

well same reason for getting stone cutting right? To get rid of excess items or to just to add another reasource to build with/use as a replacement
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Weyrling

Quote from: Dragoon on November 02, 2014, 08:54:34 AM

well same reason for getting stone cutting right? To get rid of excess items or to just to add another reasource to build with/use as a replacement
Blast doors are also made out of titanium, but blast doors require an expensive item you can't create as well, so if blast doors are inferior to titanium autodoors then there's literally no reason to ever make one.

Slowtapus

Quote from: doujinftw on October 31, 2014, 02:48:37 AM
Um how come the blast door only have 150 health while titanium auto door is 525 health is this a bug?

You have an old version of Glittertech. Blast doors are 1,500 health if you update to 0.65.

Also until the author updates there's a somewhat balanced version of the mod in my modpack you can grab. The author is welcome to use it all he wants too.

doujinftw

Quote from: Slowtapus on November 02, 2014, 11:27:16 AM
Quote from: doujinftw on October 31, 2014, 02:48:37 AM

You have an old version of Glittertech. Blast doors are 1,500 health if you update to 0.65.

Also until the author updates there's a somewhat balanced version of the mod in my modpack you can grab. The author is welcome to use it all he wants too.
Thankyou ill update it right away this actually a helpful response instead of giving me a bunch of balonies like acertain other person.

Dragoon

:D (btw no ill wil intended but when someone says that it has to be done)