[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Iwillbenicetou

Yeah, but with blast doors, you can turn a door into a wall.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

millenium

i have an issue with some of the custom events that have been happening.

your parts seem to be seriously undervalued by the computer as when i built an improvised turret i got attacked by a squad of four people in full power armor toting the railguns from this mod. needless to say my colony ended rather early.

Dibblah

Actually in my experience the best defense against Commandos is to lure them in to a room with a still functional door and then go in close melee combat on them, one at a time.

The reason that works is because all enemies will mostly attack random items in your colony if they can't get to a colonist, which means you can get them one by one.

The way I lure them is by taking shots at one untill I get its attention then run back in to the room, wait for the commando to come knocking then through micro management use a colonist to get the door open, the commando will enter and then I just pile on the colonists.

cliodne

Is it possible for the commando faction to just not make the factions list?
I've got the mod installed and I've played for around 3 years game time and no commando raids what so ever.
Upon looking at the faction list there's only 3 tribes, 1 pirate band and one outlander town.

Dibblah

Cliodne did you create a new world after installing the mod?

Just to be perfectly clear, please note I said world, not colony :)

If you're playing on a pre existing world they won't be present, you will have to create a new one.

cliodne

Not sure, might be playing on an old world.
In this case - any way to add the faction by tweaking existing world code?

/edit - had a look at the code and just changed an existing "tribe" faction to "commando" faction. Worked :)

<li Class="Faction">
            <def>Tribe</def>

to

<li Class="Faction">
            <def>Commando</def>

BinaryBlackhole

Cool idea create the  atmosphere modification device shoots expensive devices with cool effects
1. Magnetic shielding ends the solar flare event.
2. Ominous device fires a structure that will  reduce the moral of everyone in the area.
3.Whether adapter makes it stop or start raining.
4.incendiary shell creates massive amounts of fire.

kokuto

How frequent are commando raids? I've been testing for a while in my game but have gotten nothing from them. Is difficulty level something that affects their frequency?

Also, is it possible to eventually add the ability to manufacture some glittertech at the highest tech tiers? Like the nano skin, for I rarely ever see it.

cliodne

Quote from: Canute on November 06, 2014, 02:16:56 AM
QuoteHow frequent are commando raids? I've been testing for a while in my game but have gotten nothing from them. Is difficulty level something that affects their frequency?

Did you create a new WORLD ?
Not only a new colony, you need to create a new world or you don't got a faction with commando's. No faction no raids.

Yes I think this was the problem. I was playing on an old world. However I was able to bypass this by just sacrificing one of my TRIBE factions and replacing it with a COMMANDO faction by editing the world file code (see above).

Shinzy

Quote from: cliodne on November 06, 2014, 03:44:51 AM
Quote from: Canute on November 06, 2014, 02:16:56 AM
QuoteHow frequent are commando raids? I've been testing for a while in my game but have gotten nothing from them. Is difficulty level something that affects their frequency?

Did you create a new WORLD ?
Not only a new colony, you need to create a new world or you don't got a faction with commando's. No faction no raids.

Yes I think this was the problem. I was playing on an old world. However I was able to bypass this by just sacrificing one of my TRIBE factions and replacing it with a COMMANDO faction by editing the world file code (see above).

"SIR! Remember those tribals we've been blasting away like wheat?" "Yiees, jeeves" "Turns out, all this time they've been Glitterworld commandoes in disguise!" "Good golly Jeeves! Hold on to your hats gentlemeeen! tea and biskits to anyone who survives the next raaaid"

Sam_

Quote from: cliodne on November 04, 2014, 10:39:37 AM
Is it possible for the commando faction to just not make the factions list?
I've got the mod installed and I've played for around 3 years game time and no commando raids what so ever.
Upon looking at the faction list there's only 3 tribes, 1 pirate band and one outlander town.

I have instructions in the change log to reset the factions, but it requires you to remember the seed you used to create your world, perhaps that is in a data file in saves or something.
Otherwise if you don't mind losing a current faction the solution presented by cliodne also appears to work. It seems you are easily able to edit the existing world files, so perhaps a similar solution to cliodne's would be to simply copy;

<li Class="Faction">
            <def>Commando</def>

And paste that into the file, to create an additional faction. I have not tested this, however.

kokuto

It is certainly a new world, which was what got me to look at the commandos in the first place given I found that a Commando faction called the Monkey Men existed in that world, but I never did see them in action so far.

Which why I asked the question I did. Its only tribals and pirates so far. All of which have been pushovers since I steadily fortified my colony. If they make through the outer defences they get slaughtered inside and run away.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: kokuto on November 06, 2014, 02:06:13 AM
How frequent are commando raids? I've been testing for a while in my game but have gotten nothing from them. Is difficulty level something that affects their frequency?

Also, is it possible to eventually add the ability to manufacture some glittertech at the highest tech tiers? Like the nano skin, for I rarely ever see it.

If you have trouble check down below. The reason why we pinned the mod help was because noone knows to check the Mods>Help. Just a header, it's ok.
|
|
|
\/
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

powman898

I created a new colony and there is no commandos? must i create a new world? or is it not yet impletmented?

skullywag

Anything that adds a new faction needs a new world to work.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?