[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

palandus

I get no error when starting up the game, but the moment I create my colonist party and begin the actual game, I get multiple error messages, and I've confirmed they are coming from this mod.

I'm getting one: (Both is a problem in ThingsDef to help narrow it down)
&gt  = This is not defined somewhere; I'm sorry, but the error messages are very vague and I had my fair share of problems debugging my own mod as the error messages didn't tell me much.
and
MRG-5Pistol = Something is wrong with the texture path, dunno what though as I've taken a look at it myself and it looks fine; all the other weapons are fine. 

Ded1

Weird, i haven't had any issues or error messages.  Have you tried redownloading it? 
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

palandus

Doubt its a download issue; I downloaded it today.

Sam_

I have had the error relating to &gt myself on numerous occasions. It's non-critical, which means the game will still run totally fine. After some research all I determined was &gt refers to xml's "greater then" syntax. I haven't been able to resolve this. The other error seems to be isolated to your install, sorry.
There's seems to be a high frequency of error reports I'll do some more diagnosis when I get the chance, but my client runs totally fine with a fresh install and download, albeit with only my mod active.

As to the large reactor, that is the Plasma Fusion reactor, I'm surprised you managed to even build one. But, as per the 0.7 change log it is unfinished, so no surprised it has issues.

palandus

I'll see if I can narrow down the issue. It might be because I made some custom made weapons and I simply have too many weapons in the game (doubtful, but could be).

Ded1

Well i did cheat, i was designing a base that i was going to constantly spawn raids against (and i wanted to try your new reactor).
Feel Good Modpack

Hayhorse

If you have ever opened the debug menu and gone to spawn in medicine you may have seen Glitter world medicine, it pretty much max's out the chance for good bandage chances, if it was nerfed a little and made a research thing that you could begin making a nerfed version of the vanilla Glitter world medicine would make sense in this mod, just make it take plasteel or titanium.

Dragoon

don't nurf it (glitter world stuff is supposed to be that way but yeah lots of research and plasteel would be good.).
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Sam_

I have already nerfed a lot of stuff in this mod. But, it must be said, this mod is supposed to be OP. The idea is to take the game to a higher tier, instead of worrying about minor injuries and infection, you have to deal with massive raids and healing destroyed colonists. That will need some serious medicine. Also, the glitter world medicine is vanilla, so it's as OP as it's meant to be. Honestly in my play through of Alpha 8, I never even encountered the medicine.

palandus

Nor have I encountered that Medicine either, from Trade Ships, to Raiders, to random supply pods, I've never encountered the Glitterworld Medicine.

I wouldn't say your mod is OP. I'd say its just right. Why? Commandos, that's why. It takes all that OP-ness to manage to survive a Commando raid, and simply makes Raider raids less of a hassle; less of a hassle but not a cakewalk either. Though having some nice Glitterworld Turrets or Mortars would certainly help in addressing a large group of Commandos sieging your base.

seadderkrupp

Just a question and i may of missed it being answered somewhere - but will i have to start a new game/world to get a hold of titanium etc. Also i take it you can only buy the weapons and armour from a trader and not manufacture it?  Thanks.

Asero

Same issue as the above poster. Titanium only seem to be able to be sold by the Black Market trader >> as it is, he very rarely, if at all shows up at my colony  >:( so I 'copied/modded' it to show up at my bulk goods trader as well.

Maybe think of including the capability/recipe to 'manufacture' it somehow?

Sam_

That is certainly in the works. Possibly a titanium ore as well. With the introduction of my new crafting buildings I'll be adding new ways to use metals. I'll be introducing alloys to make crafting glitter world buildings a bit harder. Mortars and defences are my next priority after.

There's a very nice force field mod somewhere on here, I recomend that in conjunction, because I don't have the patience to make my own. Aside from that I'd love some unorthodox defence ideas. Rather then just types of turrets.

Ded1

How about a napalm mine (or some promethium instead)?  Instead of an explosion fire appears everywhere within 4-5 squares.  Manually detonated of course.
Feel Good Modpack

seadderkrupp

Think i will wait till you can manufacture the armour and materials etc before starting a new world. Creating a new world with the same seed does not work. It creates the same world but gives it a new name and does not overwrite the old one. Must be different on alpha 8. Looks good though with extra weapons etc and would have dreaded the OP commandos:) but am six years into a colony and not wishing to restart.