[1.3.3117] 3 "Successful" quest bugs with the empire

Started by 1daft, September 15, 2021, 09:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1daft

i've got two pretty straight forward quest bugs.
1st bug.

1. What the circumstances were.
quest was successful. empire pawns were loaned and they left my map at completion, However, 1 was carring back a pawn of mine.

2. What happened.
instead of dropping the pawn. he walked off the map with him. still neutral while leaving. I got the message "so-and-so was kidnapped!"

3. What you expected to happen.
They should drop the pawn before leaving the map.

i don't have a save as i only ever play on commitment mode. though i did stream it and we can do some digging if you need to see it happen. (its been a few weeks, it might have been on the previous release)

2nd bug happened last night

defend the crashed shuttle.

2. What happened.
we were successful in defending the shuttle. 1 of the empire pawns stood up and started tending its wounds while the shuttle landed to take them away. all the pawns got in the shuttle except the one tending his wounds. he proceeded to walk off the map. the quest bugged out waiting forever for the pawn that was not dead or on the map. the timer for the shuttle reached 0 to take off but it didn't leave. eventually i shot at the shuttle and dropped from ally to neutral. (i think the quest failed at that point) i left the shuttle alone and re-allied with the empire using a gift via the transporter pod. upon scrolling back to the shuttle it was gone.

the pawn should either get in the shuttle or the shuttle should just leave. it was not a key member (just a defender) of the shuttle.

again, no save but i do have a recent stream of it happening.

3rd bug.

oh and I did have 1 other "bug" but this might have been fixed. again a couple weeks ago,

successfully saved downed shuttle people. while playing in swamp biome

2. What happened.
the rescue shuttle landed ... and landed on the old shuttle and it disappeared (no loot just gone)

if there really is no where else to put the shuttle (there was) the shuttle should be auto destroyed so i can at least have the components,steel and plastasteel

srdo

1. Circumstances.
The Damaged Shuttle quest crashes a shuttle on the map, and specifies that you must defend the shuttle commander, but that their two accompanying guards are disposable.

2. What happened
One guard pawn was incapacitated but not killed. The commander and other guard were saved. When the rescue shuttle arrived, the commander and uninjured guard entered the shuttle. At this point, the shuttle and warning message both say that all 3 pawns must be loaded to succeed, contradicting the quest description.

Once the injured pawn recovered from pain shock, they wandered off the map. When the "load the shuttle" timer expired, the quest failed.

3. Expected
I expected either that the injured pawn would enter the shuttle when they recovered, or at minimum that the quest would complete successfully, since the commander was saved.

4. Reproduction
You might be able to reproduce by triggering the quest, and incapacitating one of the guards.

Someone else reported the bug in the mod bugs forum as well, but this appears to be a vanilla issue. The sequence of events was very similar https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=54966.0

5. Save game
I have an autosave from before the quest triggered, and an autosave from when the injured guard had already wandered off. Not sure if those will tell you anything, but I've attached them anyway.

It can be found at https://easyupload.io/bfr4bg

6. Log file
The log file is in the savegame zip.

1daft

just to confirm, the problem with an quest pawn walking off the map for a downed shuttle is still a problem in 3146.

here's a link to the video from it happening last night. (where he gets up and leaves, instead of waiting for the shuttle) if you want to see me treat him you have to go back a few minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1174409757?t=3h26m7s

its a pretty frustrating thing to happen. you are successful in saving the shuttle crew and in this case, instead of going ally with the 20 goodwill it would have netted me... i went down from 56 to 8 as all the pawns starved to death after the quest was "failed" from the guy walking off and the shuttle never leaving.

1trickPonyta

I have also experienced this bug but in my case the trooper wandered off the map because of a "given up" mental break due to a psychic drone. Furthermore, when the shuttle timer expired and the quest failed and I lost rep with the empire, the shuttle just stayed there for a long time. Eventually one of the civilians on the shuttle that had to be saved starved to death inside the shuttle, which then triggered the shuttle to finally leave and it said the quest failed again and I lost rep with the empire a second time.

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug reports.

Your first bug should have been fixed with the bug fix: "Fix: New draft carry system leads to pawns being 'kidnapped' by guests when they leave" in 1.3104.  Can you confirm that this is still a problem with current builds?  If so, another video or save of this would be helpful.

Your second bug, I can see what happened there, thanks for the video demonstrating the issue.  I'll get a report in on that one. I'm going to leave this open in case you have a comment on the first bug.

Third bug:  This should have been fixed also.