[REQUEST] / Plea for help. Pawn Creation / Editor.

Started by Paul, August 19, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hello, I've recently just started a new colony on Alpha 6 (but I messed up the map settings Doh!), How ever I really like the colonists I managed to get this time, names, stats n all.
(Would also be handy for making custom pawns for your friends, like "Jay is good at social, but he's really Lazy" for example)
So, im just wondering if it would be possible to make a mod that allows you a sort of "Character Creation" nothing fancy just like a Stat and Attribute editor that allows you to change those two categories like the game lets you change names...

How ever if there is already a way to do this, I sincerely apologise for wasting peoples time, and am clearly a big dum dum because I cannot find out a way to do this with Alpha 6, if you know of a way, please bless me with this knowledge master.
(I tried Rimifier, how ever it did not work for me and I don't need the abilities to cheat in money or weapons or what ever, just rebuild my favourite chars or make custom ones of my friends.)

Thanks again.  ;D
Paul.

Bog

Well there's a mod here that does that, but I don't think it's updated for Alpha 6 and by the sounds of it won't be updated until the game is "officially" released. :-\
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

RawCode

you are free to assemble such mod self.

Unity layer coding is not hard, pawn type have most fields public and you dont ever need reflection to change stuff.

Neurotoxin

Yay! Shameless plug for my Save editor

You can change the colonist's name in game so just randomize your colonists to the desired gender and adulthood/childhood (or at least close) save your game and edit it. The one quirk is, I don't THINK the Chidhood/adulthood added/removed will actually affect the skill values, I'm actually pretty sure it won't. It should affect the the things they are and are not able to do but the skill values will be read exactly as they're saved.

Hmm.... External colonist maker that replaces save values? Maybe in the future.

Paul

Thanks for all the replies guys, That first mod looks amazing, but after reading the comments I understand why he won't continue working on it, though it is a real shame!
I'll keep my eye out for it's "Re-release" if the finished game doesn't have these features already.

And thanks Neurotoxin, that looks like just what I need, I'll be sure to test it out and let you know how I find it,
Time to input my friends! and strand them on a Rimworld, lets see if they survive! >:D
Thanks a again dudes!

Paul.  ;D

James009

Save editing is actually pretty easy. What are you looking to do?
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!