Visitors and guest rooms

Started by stefanstr, August 20, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanstr

I don’t like the fact that recruitment mainly happens via capturing people right now. I would like to be able to chat up visitors and try to convince them to join me.

One way I can think of that wouldn’t really change existing mechanisms is to add guest rooms and a new option when right-clicking on a visitor - „invite“. The only difference to prisoners would be that they could roam the premises and leave if they got bored.

What do you guys think?

TL_ARMY

Well, i agree with you that capturing enemies just to make them join and fight new enemies is kinda silly, but i think, that there should be more crash lands to fix that. Like "Oh no, there is a guy in that drop pod, we need to save him so he will join us." Also, when the crashed guy wakes up in the bed, he chooses that does he want to join or does he just walk away without anykind of battle. Your title is little missleading cause first thing that came to my mind was a hotel.

stefanstr

Sorry for the misleading title. No idea how I could have phrased it better, though.

I think that increasing the amount of crash lands wouldn’t be very realistic. How many ships do you imagine fall apart over every planet every month?