Animal meals

Started by stormrao, June 02, 2022, 05:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormrao

Why do pawns seem to always want to feed the finest meals to incapacitated animals instead of the hay I have so lovingly grown?

It'd be nice if we could restrict them like we can with pawns

glass zebra

Hay can not be feed to animals (same as it can not be used for taming). Kibble can be used though. If you have Kibble somewhat close to sick animals, it will usually be feed. If pawns are very far away from the animal when the job is created, they might go for the closer meal anyway.

stormrao

Quote from: glass zebra on June 06, 2022, 02:48:05 PM
Hay can not be feed to animals (same as it can not be used for taming). Kibble can be used though. If you have Kibble somewhat close to sick animals, it will usually be feed. If pawns are very far away from the animal when the job is created, they might go for the closer meal anyway.

I usually have a stockpile of veg (rice or corn) closer to the pens/barns too, but still the meals get used, almost always when there are sick or injured animals

RicRider

For me this happens when a doctor is doing some other work and they take the meal in their inventory to feed the animal. I don't think there's much you can do about it in Vanilla although I think there are mods for this.
##Coding Scrub##